X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer Reflex RX8 Limited Edition

Just picked up a pair of the Bauer Reflex RX8 Limited Edition in all white. 35+1. I got the first set of these pads out of the monkey store in NJ.

These pads are amazing. after trying both the RX10 and the RX8 i noticed almost no difference in the build quality and decided to go with the more cost efficient option.

The pads are a huge upgrade for me as i had been using a set of RBK 6k 36".

I love the calf wrap and the way the leg channel feels when in butterfly and the increased five-hole closure is a huge plus.

Im really excited about the design since the bauer rep i spoke to initially told me it was only going to be offered on the RX10 models.

The customization is key. i really like the fact that i can adjust the leather straps to fit my body and playing style. The pads fit great and hug my entire leg unlike my RBKs which would lose connectivity from my knee to ankle in butterfly. I wanna commend Bauer for putting together a great product.

I want to get matching glove and blocker but i feel the one60's and one80's glove and blocker are more comfortable than those for the RX8. Any thoughts?

Comfort is key. Asthetics have no affect on your game, especially if they are Bauers either way. Gonna look good together no matter which you go with.

Comment

Originally posted by knvbstriker View Post
      Just picked up a pair of the Bauer Reflex RX8 Limited Edition in all white. 35+1. I got the first set of these pads out of the monkey store in NJ.

These pads are amazing. after trying both the RX10 and the RX8 i noticed almost no difference in the build quality and decided to go with the more cost efficient option.

The pads are a huge upgrade for me as i had been using a set of RBK 6k 36".

I love the calf wrap and the way the leg channel feels when in butterfly and the increased five-hole closure is a huge plus.

Im really excited about the design since the bauer rep i spoke to initially told me it was only going to be offered on the RX10 models.

The customization is key. i really like the fact that i can adjust the leather straps to fit my body and playing style. The pads fit great and hug my entire leg unlike my RBKs which would lose connectivity from my knee to ankle in butterfly. I wanna commend Bauer for putting together a great product.

I want to get matching glove and blocker but i feel the one60's and one80's glove and blocker are more comfortable than those for the RX8. Any thoughts?
      Any photo's

Comment

ill get photos up in the next day or so. yo can see the graphics on Total Hockey, pretty sick. As far as the glove and blocker vie been trying em on and think ill go for the one60. it has similar protection and feel, plus im not playing as regularly as i did in college so i don't think i need a pro level pad anymore.

Comment

ill get photos up in the next day or so. yo can see the graphics on Total Hockey, pretty sick. As far as the glove and blocker vie been trying em on and think ill go for the one60. it has similar protection and feel, plus im not playing as regularly as i did in college so i don't think i need a pro level pad anymore.
          While I liked the Rx8 blocker, I did not like the glove. There was something about the closure that I didn't like.

Just keep in mind that the Rx8/One80 is not Bauer's pro level gear, it's their senior level gear. Personally I like the added quality of the 8/80 over the 6/60 line.

Comment

yeah i know its not pro, thats why im looking at it!

I agree the closure on the RX8 glove feels distinctly limited. it doesn't seem to get that full closure that vie enjoyed in the past from my rbk perm glove.

Comment

yeah i know its not pro, thats why im looking at it!

I agree the closure on the RX8 glove feels distinctly limited. it doesn't seem to get that full closure that vie enjoyed in the past from my rbk perm glove.
              My bad. You mentioned that you were looking at the One60. I figured you would want to look at the One80 if you were looking for a comparable glove/blocker to the Rx8 pads.

Comment

The rx8 glove wasn't bad but the Reeboks seem to have the best closure

Comment

The LE Glove and Blocker are so much more comfortable than the stock Reflex gear.

All White 37+`
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is that the Magnum or Blue Steel?

Nice looking gear.

Comment

Originally posted by rbkp249 View Post
                      The rx8 glove wasn't bad but the Reeboks seem to have the best closure
                      i've got a revoke 9k glove, using it for 5 months now 3 times a week for at least 3 hours but i still cant close it when its dry. I keep my catcher in my bag, this way it stays wet and soft.

ontopic:
                      I am looking at these pads and think that these will be my next pads as soon as my ps3 are worn or i'm having to much money and there is one in the classified/ebay. realy like the looks of them and think they will suit my style more than the ps3's i curantly own.

Comment

I'd advise against the one60 glove. The palm protection is inadequate.

Comment

Originally posted by ahurtt View Post
                          Is that the Magnum or Blue Steel?

Looks like le Tigre to me.

Comment

The LE Glove and Blocker are so much more comfortable than the stock Reflex gear.

All White 37+`
                            I can't agree with this comment. I didn't feel much difference, if any, between the standard Rx8 and LE glove. I didn't like the feel of either of them.

Comment

Hi,

Is it possible to attach a sliding toe bridge to the pads?
                              I looked at the pics but it does not look possible.

Is there less protection in an RX8 than the RX10?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X