X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reebok Pro Spec Pro Goalie Chest & Arm Protector fit

How many of you guys have this chest protector?

Do you wear it inside the pants, or outside the pants?

I find wearing it outside the pants causes it to push away from my chest and cause a big gap between my chest and the armour. Also exposes my sides a bit more as it pulls away.

If I tuck it, I find it gets all screwed up with my suspenders, pants, jock, etc. I may have bought a size too large, as it's really long in the belly. I'm quite tall so i thought I'd get the biggest available version, without thinking that I like it tucked in.

PS: I searched through pages and pages using the search function, too no avail.

Last edited by quigley; 01-25-2011, 05:29 PM.

Is this the p3 one? i have that in all black off goalie monkey

Comment

No one has any ideas?

Comment

im 6ft 175 i wear the all white one of goalie monkey in a large, i used to wear it tucked and buckled too a pair of medium reebok pants but could never get it to feel quite right it was pushing up and like choking me, now i wear it with a pair of large v4 pants, have it tucked inside the pants with the lace from the pants tied thru the loops, and the pants as loose as possible just hanging off me pretty much and im quite happy with how it works and feels

Comment

Originally posted by tilitzky35 View Post
          im 6ft 175 i wear the all white one of goalie monkey in a large, i used to wear it tucked and buckled too a pair of medium reebok pants but could never get it to feel quite right it was pushing up and like choking me, now i wear it with a pair of large v4 pants, have it tucked inside the pants with the lace from the pants tied thru the loops, and the pants as loose as possible just hanging off me pretty much and im quite happy with how it works and feels
          tied through the two loops in the belly, interesting. i was wondering what that was for.. i have a feeling if i do that it may push down on my jock too much, but i'll check it out.

Comment

I did the buckle things i just made some loops in my V3 pants and kept buckles on my chesty suspenders over the pads help keep it down too.

Comment

Originally posted by BenderTender59 View Post
              I did the buckle things i just made some loops in my V3 pants and kept buckles on my chesty suspenders over the pads help keep it down too.
              I'm not really following, can you post a picture?

Comment

I tried my best!
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting way of doing it. I'm sure that would hold everything tight.

Comment

I have the sr. large pro spec, I'm 6'1, 200 pounds, and I wear it outside my pants (never have tucked my chesty into my pants...) and it fits pretty much perfectly and I haven't got any shots to my side or anything. I usually get anywhere from 40-50+ shots a game (my team is 2-12-0 )

Comment

Originally posted by tmac View Post
                      I have the sr. large pro spec, I'm 6'1, 200 pounds, and I wear it outside my pants (never have tucked my chesty into my pants...) and it fits pretty much perfectly and I haven't got any shots to my side or anything. I usually get anywhere from 40-50+ shots a game (my team is 2-12-0 )
                      Wow, but doesn't it feel way too loose and far away from your skin?

Comment

It's better to have the bit of space between the c/a and your body, you get more air and it acts like an air cushion.

What I want to know do you guys keep the added foam part on or not ? I took mine off because it was pushing the c/a further out and was interfering with my mask when I tried to look down

Comment

Originally posted by crulee View Post
                          It's better to have the bit of space between the c/a and your body, you get more air and it acts like an air cushion.
                          I always thought this too. Ive never played with anyone that tucks it in. I tried it once and it felt like it restricted movement for me.
                          I guess it depends on the style of chesty? The reeboks always seem like large blocking tank style of chest protector...

Comment

Originally posted by quigley View Post
                            Wow, but doesn't it feel way too loose and far away from your skin?
                            There is some space between my skin and chest protector but like crulee said it acts like an air cushion. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by crulee View Post

What I want to know do you guys keep the added foam part on or not ? I took mine off because it was pushing the c/a further out and was interfering with my mask when I tried to look down
                              What added foam part?

Comment

Working...
                              X