Best goalie bag today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best goalie bag today

I've searched the forum and found older posts but nothing recent for bags. So I'm wondering who makes the best bag today? I need a new bag, the grit is nice but $300 is a little steep and i have read some less than positive reviews and I need a bag big enough I can fit my sled in it (sledge hockey),on wheels and durable enough to not get torn up by the spikes on my stick. My sled is about 43" long. I currently have an old Itech but it's full of holes I'm waiting for things to start falling out. Thanks for the help.

The grit bags are poorly constructed... I took a real hard close look at them a month or so back when I got my new bag.

I think the Vaughn bag is the best bet. Great materials (the nylon used is the thickest I've seen) and solid construction. Only weak point is the buckles, they are flimsy and real though they aren't critical to the bags use as they simply take the pressure of the zipper (which is awesome quality) and tighten up he contents inside for easy transport. The bag also has three wheels to handle the load.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregan View Post

I think the Vaughn bag is the best bet.
      BG7500?

Comment

its definitely NOT the brian's wheeled bag mine has a big rip in the top of it along the side seam

Comment

I don't have a sled, but I'm on the very top end of gear sizing. 37+1" pads, XL everything, size 12 skates, mask for a huge head, etc. I also carry around my team's spare jerseys, a ton of spare parts, first aid, pucks, binders, a case of beer now and then... everything you need for a team.

The Reebok wheeled bag is first bag I've had that I could zip closed without any effort; even with all my stuff, there's room to spare. It's also the largest bag I've seen on the market, 44" x 24" x 24".

I've tried the Vaughn BG7500, the Sherwood C10, a generic 43" DR bag, and an old Brian's bag. All of these bags I had to squeeze, pull, stuff, and re-organize before the zipper would even think of closing. Think of the classic "man kneeling on suitcase to get it closed" scene in comics. And on each bag, the zipper was the first thing to fail... the bag was stuffed so tight that there was a ton of stress on the zipper, and either the zipper's stitching, the zipper's teeth, or the handles of the zippers would break.

I can't comment on the durability of the Reebok bag, since I've only had it since Christmas. I've heard from other reviews that this version of the bag (all-black with the Reebok name) is more durable than the older RBK bag with PII graphics, which would only last around a season. But from a size perspective, this is probably as good as you're going to get.

Comment

Warrior Pro Senior Goalie Bag online at The Hockey Shop Source for Sports - Canada: Warrior Pro Senior Goalie Bag

Warrior Pro Spec - Hockeygeeks.com: specializing in RBK goalie, Vaughn goalie, goalie equipment, leg pads, goalie pads, goalie skates, goalie sticks, eagle goalie, itech goalie

US dealer

Warrior Pro Bag

US one is the player bag, but I am sure if you call them, you can get the Goalie version.

Absolutely MASSIVE bag. I am 6'1", 220, wear mostly XL equipment, and I can fit all of my equipment, INCLUDING my pads.

Vented on top, where the white stripes are, so your gear can breathe.

Heavy duty nylon, (I think). Grab straps on the ends, I drag the bag up from my basement, and down again, and no rips, tears, or separation.

Mesh lining pockets in the inside along one side, and on the ends. The end ones is where I put my skates. I keep flip-flops in one, my shampoo, and extra stuff in another, and I still have a pocket free.

Did I mention it's very in-expensive for a goalie bag, about $110 CDN?

Comment

I am leaning mostly towards the Reebok as its the biggest I've seen (online only nothing locally). I'm wondering are there any custom makers out there? A bag doesn't seem to be the most complicated thing to make. Some durable material, h-d zippers, some sort of hard bottom, maybe some cinch straps and some good wheels.

Comment

Carry bags are so old school. I need wheels. Itech made a good bag but lots of zipper issues. RBK made a great bag but the handles always broke after a month or so. Would like a nice handle, durable wheels and material. Hard to find.

Comment

The best bag would be the Brian's sterling material bag. If you search for eagle goalie bag, Eagle used to have a sterling one as well. Most durable bag ever!!

Comment

I understand the OP desire for a wheeled bag. However, I find it amusing that gear is lighter than it's ever been, yet no one can carry their bag anymore?

I still use my Brown equipment bag, same one I always used, that zipped up nicely even when my 34 inch deer hair stuffed all leather Brown leg pads were in it.

Comment

Originally posted by GOALIE69 View Post
                      The best bag would be the Brian's sterling material bag. If you search for eagle goalie bag, Eagle used to have a sterling one as well. Most durable bag ever!!
                      Both available on ebay right now (not my auctions)

I've been debating getting one, but I'm a hardcore wheel user.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Naz View Post
                        I understand the OP desire for a wheeled bag. However, I find it amusing that gear is lighter than it's ever been, yet no one can carry their bag anymore?

I still use my Brown equipment bag, same one I always used, that zipped up nicely even when my 34 inch deer hair stuffed all leather Brown leg pads were in it.
                        And people used to walk five miles to the library, flip through card catalogues, and then search around the library for books to get their information. But you seem content to laze around in your home and click a few buttons to surf the web.

Don't hate people because they're taking advantage of newer bag designs.

Comment

Definitely the Warrior Messiah wheel bag.

Comment

Forgot to mention, Brown's bags are made with the sterling material as well.

Eagle bag:

Eagle Goalie Bag Sterling

Comment

I recently bought a CCM Vector bag from Perani's in Saginaw, MI. I was on sale for $29.00 and it is HUGE!! I believe it is about 44"x22"x22". It fits all of my gear and my pads (37+1) and my XL pants and c/a. It doesn't have wheels- if it did, it would be perfect!!!! I think regular price was about $40.00. Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                              X