X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Toe Tie

I've been using these "ultimate toe ties" for 2-1/2 yrs & found that they have saved me a lot of time dressing up for a game. The quick release fastener system allows me to clip it on to the ball joint assembly on my skate within seconds. The instructions we're very simple & I really like the simplicity of it. Drilling (1)hole at the bottom each skate & bolting ball joint was easy & securing the fastener to the lace was simple. I calculated the drag I needed & Presto, done.

I went on the "Ultimate Toe Tie"site after hearing about it from another goalie & thought it was worth checking out. Once I ordered & received them I installed them easily & tried them the following day. My first response was Wow ! This is quick.

Unlike flex Toe you can either use regular lacing or skate lace & tie it on the loop at the end of the quick release fastener. I posted pictures showing how easy this is to fasten. They do not require any maintenance as far as my own experience is concerned. It's worth the try & a time saver indeed. Goaltending is a demanding position& our your equipment will take a lot of abuse but these have held up so far & show little wear. The swivel movement also moves freely & naturally . They sell for $34.95 . Be the first one on the ice.
    Attached Files

there's a toe tie thread you know...

Comment

New Toe tie Thread posting

Yes I know there's a toe tie post elsewhere but given the fact that this is a different type of product that I felt stood alone from others & I did not see any other posting in a while about the Ultimate Toe Tie .

Comment

my bad, caught it off the corner of my eye and assumed it was on equipment and not on reviews

Comment

Looks cool! Where did you get them?

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackFelix View Post
            Looks cool! Where did you get them?
            Here...I'll do it for you...

Comment

As you can see from these other pics I tied the fastener & added some slack to the lace. Once I located the proper area to drill the hole for the ball joint I noticed that a rivet on each skate that had been put there originally by Bauer so I removed it & put the ball joint through it & placed the nut inside the skate & tightened it .The Lace that was originally on my pad was cut shorter & I gave it my own twist. Not only a time saver but if by some chance the lace got cut you wouldn't trip on it because the lace isn't long enough to cause any problems. You can tie it like the instructions show & I believe me that if I can do this anyone can (See below). Next thursday I'll take some pic's in full gear to show how the look on ice.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FIVEHOLEROB; 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hroark2112 View Post
                Thanks. Next time I have a goalie question, rather than ask it here, I'll just "google" it.

Comment

Hey FIVEHOLEROB,
                  Any issue with these and the OD blade?
                  The pictures show the pad sitting pretty high on the skate, which I can't see anyone wearing them like that. If the pad was put into it's normal position, it looks like the cord may get caught/cut in a push situation.
                  I only ask because guys who use the flex toe system said that it didn't work with the OD's on.
                  Thanks

Comment

These work fine with OD blades. When down in the b-fly, the toe tie is in the same position as a regular toe tie, and therefore, does not interfere with the OD's.

Any more questions, feel free to ask me, I designed them.!!!

Comment

Pad Height With toe tie

The pic's I sent went taken with the skate under the pad & the bottom strap through the skate .They we're taken lower then eye level so they appear this way. The Ultimate tie toe & overdrive compliment each other very well & from my experience I've never tripped on the toe drag or had it touch anywhere near the bottom blade. You decide how much toe drag you need with regular toe ties ,the same would apply until you fell you get it right. Before I used these I use to get sore ankles, but these actually relieve stress on the ankle due to the swivel action of this toe tie assembly. this is my opinion. Like I said I'll post some pic's Thursday night.I've got some pic's that show the pad height ,but there just to give you a rough idea better one's will follow.Again these pic's we're taken with a cell phone at warm up , be nice.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Forget the toe ties, I want the link to get your jersey. That is awesome!

The ties look like they would work well also with the One100s and One80s.

Comment

Hi' glad you like the jersey I got it from a sports show it was a sample but you can get one @www.bradhall.com, As for the toe tie's they will work with any type of goalie skate. I'm going to start a thread about making your own goalie cut jerseys.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hey how are the toe ties holding up? Im tired of the laces of my toe bridge coming loose during a game and i was wondering about these to go on my One80's

Comment

Originally posted by Candyman View Post
                              Hey FIVEHOLEROB,
                              Any issue with these and the OD blade?
                              The pictures show the pad sitting pretty high on the skate, which I can't see anyone wearing them like that. If the pad was put into it's normal position, it looks like the cord may get caught/cut in a push situation.
                              I only ask because guys who use the flex toe system said that it didn't work with the OD's on.
                              Thanks
                              Not to derail the thread, but this was incorrectly stated. There ARE people who use BOTH overddrive and flex-toe. Some people have said they have no issues and others have said they don't work. You need to ask the people who have not had issues and figure out what they are doing differently from the people that have had issues.

Or you could just use this system, however just because it works for him, doesnt mean you wont do something differently and then it may not work for you. Goalie equipment is finicky like that..

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic.

(Nice Review)

Comment

Working...
                              X