Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Official" Identify this mask thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Official" Identify this mask thread!

We get a lot of ID this mask threads, might as well consolidate them into one central place, maybe we can all learn what a 951 really looks like

I'll start with a NON Itech 951 mask:

It's fairly old, and it's a heavy mask! What do you all think??

Looks Heaton by VV to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadillac View Post
      I tried searching, don't we have an official identify this mask thread??

Until then ill attach a pic of my mask. All I know is that it's a heaton, I'm looking for a cat eye for any help? Let me know if anyone has a cage that would fit it aswell. Thanks. By the way, I am in the middle of painting it.

Repost In Here

Comment

Consulidashun

Originally posted by ShellSh0cked View Post
        The mask below is a possible buy for me. The guy says it's a mid-to-high end Koho from a couple of seasons back. There's no sticker on the inside to let us know the actual model, and the paint job covered any giveaways on the outside.

This is the only pic I got from him, and my only concern since I'm buying all his gear for a bargain and reselling whatever I don't like later is knowing how hard it will be to find a replacement cage later on.

Thanks!

Reposting for consolidation purposes

Comment

Originally posted by Chadillac View Post
          Repost In Here
          Chadillac, can't help you out with the model, but you might wana check out Otny for a cat eye. They have a "Heaton Professional Model Cats Eye" for $70. Might be able to contact them too just to be sure.

I have an old Heaton as well, and the cert cage is beat to s***...was looking for a replacement but decided to order a new mask instead. I will be refurbing it someday once my new mask comes in and I have the spare funds.

Comment

looks like the old Nxi Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by jpower79 View Post
              looks like the old Nxi Phantom
              Which one looks like a Phantom???

Comment

The original photo...with the Rush Paint job.

Has that odd shape to it

Comment

Dunno, maybe not.

Only way I could tell is if the pic gave a better silhouette shot of the forehead to see if it had all those ridges.

Like a klingon's forehead

Comment

Not even close. The original Phantom was a plastic mask, I owned more than one. This thing is a TANK, very heavy.

Comment

ahhh touche'

Comment

could it be made by VV, the strap through the mask side, the arrangement of the holes?

pun.

Comment

hroark, as yessir said it looks a lot like a VV Heaton. It looks a lot like mine, but it's a little difficult with the paint job and the cat eye.

I'll try and remember to snap a few pics of mine when I get home for comparison's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by ShellSh0cked View Post
                            Reposting for consolidation purposes
                            Its a Koho 570 mask. A bit heavy but pretty good mask.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedOfive View Post
                              hroark, as yessir said it looks a lot like a VV Heaton. It looks a lot like mine, but it's a little difficult with the paint job and the cat eye.

I'll try and remember to snap a few pics of mine when I get home for comparison's sake.

Based off my old Heaton, the holes look to be about the same, but the facial cutout is what really looks similar to me. The cage could very well be aftermarket.

Hroark, don't you have a vv2 for comparison?

Comment

Working...
                              X