X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet decals?

Boy, did I come to the right place. Just spent 1/2 hr reading some of the posts and it seems like I might find my info here. Anyway here goes. I know painting a goalie helmet is the way to go, but with 3 kids in the minor hockey system, the $ just aren't there for a $200+ paint job. So my question is, does anybody know where I could get a decal kit for goalie helmets. I know they are out there, I just can't find them. Itech has decals but won't sell without the helmet. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

If your looking for just any kind of decal go to an auto parts store and look at the pint stripe. If you have a sign shop in your area they can make just about any design you can think up. They precut it on sticky back paper so all you do is peal and stick.

Comment

There are lots of motorcycle sticker kits around. Try <a href="http://www.troyleedesigns.com">www.troyleedesigns.com</a> for ideas...

Comment

Hey Otto, how do maritimers pronounce decals?

I've always heard it pronounced as "deckels" until I took a trip to out east and almost fell on the floor laughing at a sales guy who called them "dee-kals"!

Comment

Thanks a million guys. Some of the best ideas are the simplest ones. Oh, by the way lynchmob, I do pronounce it decals, just like everyone else. Dee-kals is a southern american pronounciation I believe. I'm glad I could brighten up your day though. Thanks again everybody. Stay cool:-))

Comment

i've lived in pittsburgh and california and i've always heard it pronounced (and pronounced it) dee-kals.

:: bedris

Comment

im with you bedris....ive never heard it any other way...and i live in michigan....

Comment

its always been dee-cals. the deckels dude probably worshes his car.

[This message has been edited by goaltendah (edited January 29, 2001).]

Comment

lol goaltendah, tha's my dad "worsh"..also the "chimley" vs "chimney"

Comment

Otto, try and find a place near you that can cut out decals on adhesive vinyl. I've used them in the past and they work really good. And some places let you use your own designs if you can provide them the data. It's really not that hard to put them on, and if you get some decent decals and place them right, it can turn out to look pretty good. I understand how you feel, though; not all of us can afford to get nice paint jobs. Besides, I'd rather spend the extra money and get better gear anyways.

Comment

I've had the Troy Lee stickers on mine for about 6 months now... they still look great. Most people thin they're made specifically for goal masks based on the shapes they come in.

In speaking with the sales folks there, they apparently will paint masks as well

This will get you to their <a href=http://www.troyleedesigns.com/catalog_01/helmet_graphics/decal_kits_main.html>Helmet Decal Area</a>

Have fun!

[This message has been edited by Kpmcd (edited January 30, 2001).]

Comment

Dee-kals, decals, Tom-aa-toes, Tom-mat-toes, who cares. There're just stickers guys.
                        Have a nice day
                        Thanks again.

Comment

For decals try
                          www.decals4pros

they have all the Official Helmet Decals for the NHL hlemets that hte players wears. For $10 you get the team logos (3) and the complete numbers 0-9 in the team color style.

Sucks if you are a ROY fan and like the number 33, though, you have to buy two sets of stickers.

Comment

My officemate wrote a little poem for us all, after hearing we will eventually be switched from offices to cubicles..

Deckals, deekals
                            Tomato, tomahto
                            Cubicle, hellhole

Comment

I got an eagle decal set for my son's mask from Perani's. At that time ( a year ago) they had an eagle set and a pinstripe set, both made by Bauer. They only cost $30 or so and it really made his mask look nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X