X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to recolor goalie pads?

I found a nice set of pads for a really good price but they're a rival's teams colors. Is there a way to recolor the face of the pad...the pad would be Vaughn V2...

Or is there a way to remove the color of the pad...I would like something that would be close to a permanent fix that I would have to make touch ups because I don't believe there would be a permanent fix..

you will ruin the pads if you color them.

Comment

Originally posted by njt42 View Post
      you will ruin the pads if you color them.
      He doesnt want to magic marker them! (at least i hope not).

I have also wondered this my self.

Go to a local leather/upholstery shop or manufacturer and wee what they can do, they may be able to order the right color Jenpro and sew on the graphic. I tried to do this with my local upholstry guy but he didnt want to ruin them because he was "inexperienced" with synthetic leathers. (i think he just didnt want to do it.)

Comment

All we have is a shoe repair shop, that works with leather as well. I asked them about re-palming a blocker and the guy looked at me like i was crazy and said I have no idea what I would do. I doubt he'd help me order jenpro haha.

Comment

if you are trying to change the color of the whole pad, good luck. It can be done with some success on accent pieces like the fangs using fabric paint. Wears alright for about 15 games then you need to redo it.

Comment

Originally posted by 34sregit View Post
            Go to a local leather/upholstery shop or manufacturer and wee what they can do, they may be able to order the right color Jenpro and sew on the graphic. I tried to do this with my local upholstry guy but he didnt want to ruin them because he was "inexperienced" with synthetic leathers. (i think he just didnt want to do it.)
            He's probably right. It will definitely cost you quite a bit though. You may want to consider getting traded.

Comment

Here's a thought and probably what I would do:

If they are really good priced, buy them, then flip 'em on ebay or the board, and then get another set in the colors you want.

Comment

when all else fails, find the thread with number 20 and his pad painting project

Comment

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/hoc...g-my-pads.html

The definitive guide to all you seek...

Comment

I think its a brilliant idea!

Lightly sand-paper your jenpro first ....and then apply atleast two layers of paint

Make sure its 'rubberised' paint from a car dealership (and not powder paint stuff that you can get from the local Peewee Art studio)

And be sure to post some pictures

I think they'll look cool and offer your pads a new lease-of-life

Comment

Originally posted by 34sregit View Post
                      He doesnt want to magic marker them! (at least i hope not).

I have also wondered this my self.

I doubt he could have done it, much like I couldnt re-cover a sofa (well I probably could, but the time it would take to learn, I would be further ahead buying a new one).

This is one of those things where you dont go to a plumber to fix your hernia! Small repairs for these guys is one thing, but changing colour or a graphic is something no one should attempt unless you know what you are doing, furthermore, the time and cost to do something like this and have it look "right" would be substantial. The entire pad would need to be taken apart and put back togethor.

Comment

Originally posted by moving target View Post
                        I think its a brilliant idea!

Lightly sand-paper your jenpro first ....and then apply atleast two layers of paint

Make sure its 'rubberised' paint from a car dealership (and not powder paint stuff that you can get from the local Peewee Art studio)

And be sure to post some pictures

I think they'll look cool and offer your pads a new lease-of-life

Your mind never stops working, does it?

Comment

Easiest solution for adding colour is to glue some Jenpro onto the pads

I have a pair of Brian Beast pads that were black and white. I added quite a bit of blue highlights to the pads (and the trapper and blocker) by this method. Used Lepage #4 adhesive (the only one that sticks) to add the blue jenpro to the face of the pads, the blocker and trapper.

Been on for a one and a half seasons, still in perfect condition.

NephroMan

Comment

Leather die (or dye w/e).. therefore it is not a layer like paint, it dies it perfectly and wqill not rub off since it is not a "layer" added liek paint would be.

Comment

leather dye would be a great idea... if pads were made from leather.

Comment

Working...
                              X