No announcement yet.

Best Goalie stick on the market?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems interesting to revive this thread, 9 years later.

Comment

I want to know how those new foam-core sticks with the composite laminated blades are holding up. Are they lasting longer?

Comment

Originally posted by tony20 View Post
        I want to know how those new foam-core sticks with the composite laminated blades are holding up. Are they lasting longer?
        My sons Sherwood T120 is holding up very well, lightest stick on the market seems very solid he loves it!

His on the ice on average 5 times a week!

Comment

I've really enjoyed my Warrior Pro Return from Goalie Monkey.

Comment

Composite = Bauer S190
            Foamcore = Warrior Pro

Comment

• chas33
              chas33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Composite = Bauer S1

• BenZen
              BenZen commented
              Editing a comment
              S1 is better but too expensive. I find the S190 best bang for your buck.
              Last edited by BenZen; 03-06-2017, 05:58 AM.

Originally posted by sebastiancp1 View Post
            I've really enjoyed my Warrior Pro Return from Goalie Monkey.

Same here. I wish I had grabbed a couple but I bought one to try out and it was perfect. Went back to get another 2 and the one I previously bought was gone and the price had gone up. I think I bought them during a sale they had a month or 2 back.

Comment

I have to say that over my 13 years in net I've broken a lot of sticks... but my favourite line has to be the koho/reebok/ccm pro foam core sticks. I've had a few composite sherwoods, foam core bauers and both for warrior.
              I found the Sherwood composites broke on shots to the heel, the warriors I had a very hard time playing the puck and the bauers always seemed too heavy.
              I think I've only broken 1 reebok when playing the puck and the rest over the crossbar(I have a little bit of a temper). The only problem I have with the koho/reebok/ccm is that the start to splinter in the shaft from tapping them on the post.
              But like someone said before me, it's all about personal preference.
              Last edited by dan_reacheswide; 05-19-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I've never used full composite, but for regular foam-core sticks, I think Warrior are probably some of the best stock sticks on the market right now. I've been using Frontier now (made in Estonia ) and they are probably just as good as the Warriors, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_reacheswide View Post
                  I have to say that over my 13 years in net I've broken a lot of sticks... but my favourite line has to be the koho/reebok/ccm pro foam core sticks. I've had a few composite sherwoods, foam core bauers and both for warrior.
                  I found the Sherwood composites broke on shots to the heel, the warriors I had a very hard time playing the puck and the bauers always seemed too heavy.
                  I think I've only broken 1 reebok when playing the puck and the rest over the crossbar(I have a little bit of a temper). The only problem I have with the koho/reebok/ccm is that the start to splinter in the shaft from tapping them on the post.
                  But like someone said before me, it's all about personal preference.
                  For your splintering shaft, do what I do. I take clear packing tape and wrap up the shaft to protect against splintering and to protect the palm of my blocker.

Comment

I have 3 or 4 Warrior Swagger Pro sticks in Quick's Team USA pattern from the World Cup. They're very light for a foamcore stick. A lot of chipped paint and nicks and dents but its holding up. Passau sticks are also great sticks. ****ing tanks. Heavier than the Warriors but still not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
                      For your splintering shaft, do what I do. I take clear packing tape and wrap up the shaft to protect against splintering and to protect the palm of my blocker.
                      Battled this issue for years. Since I switched to a full composite Bauer... no more issues.

Join us composite stick users before its too late!

Comment

Originally posted by MTH View Post
                        Battled this issue for years. Since I switched to a full composite Bauer... no more issues.

Join us composite stick users before its too late!
                        Not a fan of composites to be honest.

Comment

I also am not a fan of the composite sticks and I don't find them to be much lighter than the foam cores.

Also thank you for the packing tape tip, I just saw it now and I'm going to try it for my game on Sunday.

Comment

I also am not a fan of the composite sticks and I don't find them to be much lighter than the foam cores.

Also thank you for the packing tape tip, I just saw it now and I'm going to try it for my game on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_reacheswide View Post

"lighter" Bauer S1 under 700 grams - Warrior foam core about 200 grams heavier. But if it is worth the money, not sure

Comment

Working...
                              X