Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to remove iron on numbers from a jersey?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is there any way to remove iron on numbers from a jersey?

    I have a jersey that I would like to remove the number 0 (Iron on, press) and replace it with a real number. Is this possible? The jersey is about 5 years old.

  • #2
    I think a blow dryer might work. There is going to be glue or whatever left so it will be obvious that there was some number there. If you are putting sewn on numbers and it's the same number why not put it right on top and cover up the iron on ones?

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, I had hoped to go from a single useless digit to double digits.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rebel_royal View Post
        I have a jersey that I would like to remove the number 0 (Iron on, press) and replace it with a real number. Is this possible? The jersey is about 5 years old.

        If it's really a Iron on and not a heat press number, the all you'll need to do is get it hot enough to melt the glue, peal and then enjoy. Of course if it's heat press, the your SOL!

        Comment


        • #5
          Also, remember there could be glue residue left, and if its an older jersey, the material under the number could also be still looking new, while the rest of the jersey colour has faded a bit from washing etc...

          Comment


          • #6
            If it is twill number there will be glue under it and you might actually stretch out the jersey trying to get it off. An iron on, vynal, thermo grip or film. will not come off.
            Just ain't happening, unfortunately.

            Comment


            • #7
              or you can do a 3 digit number , like I had to do a few weeks ago.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by junior1cats View Post
                or you can do a 3 digit number , like I had to do a few weeks ago.
                Holy ****!! that is my jersey. The refs don't like me, so that wouldn't fly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by junior1cats View Post
                  or you can do a 3 digit number , like I had to do a few weeks ago.
                  Sorry to slightly derail, but is that actually for him, or just a fan?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by snlsmith View Post
                    Sorry to slightly derail, but is that actually for him, or just a fan?
                    I have no clue what he is yapping about
                    It was from some guy that wanted it.
                    Something with college course 101 ? i forgot.
                    But he loved it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by junior1cats View Post
                      I have no clue what he is yapping about
                      It was from some guy that wanted it.
                      Something with college course 101 ? i forgot.
                      But he loved it.
                      That just happens to be the exact jersey with the zero in the middle. If I hadn't have run my mouth the last two seasons, the refs would probably let me do that. But, there are a couple of refs who would make me change jerseys just because it is against the rules to have 3 digits.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rebel_royal View Post
                        That just happens to be the exact jersey with the zero in the middle. If I hadn't have run my mouth the last two seasons, the refs would probably let me do that. But, there are a couple of refs who would make me change jerseys just because it is against the rules to have 3 digits.
                        yes their are several here that are pricks like that !


                        rob

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I didn't have to open my mouth, but I would bet that Travis would never let me wear that jersey.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rebel_royal View Post
                            I didn't have to open my mouth, but I would bet that Travis would never let me wear that jersey.
                            you mean Blank ? ? dear god.... well, if you give him some weed he wont care.... kid is stoned beyond his own mind.... He reffed my sons game this last weekend...the key is to be as nice to him as possible.... anything else and your team will be in the box as much as possible, and also he wont blow any whistles to help the goalies either.

                            rob

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rebel_royal View Post
                              That just happens to be the exact jersey with the zero in the middle. If I hadn't have run my mouth the last two seasons, the refs would probably let me do that. But, there are a couple of refs who would make me change jerseys just because it is against the rules to have 3 digits.
                              Really, geez.
                              You can always just put a number in front or in back of 0. Look a little weird but would be 2 digits.
                              Also could have a piece of twill cut square, put on back of jersey then put numbers on top.
                              I have actually made some jerseys like that but on purpose, squares and circles, looks pretty cool.If your trying to match your teams jersey that's a whole different story.
                              Glue is a drag, trust me. They have a remover but 1st if you do it inside you'll probablly die. Fumes.
                              Even if you do it outside, you'll get most of it off but it's nasty and smelly. Not even worth it because it will never all come off.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X