X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrap my mask

Just picked up a hockey newspaper and saw an ad about "Wrap my mask" You send the artwork or idea and they put in on a material and wrap your mask and then clearcoat it. Does it work and has anyone had it done? Sounds like a great idea but just curious as to how it looks and holds up.

I remember someone here having it done on their kid's mask. Try looking in the Review Forum of the Show-off-my-mask thread.

Looked good, but they will have to answer up to the durability question.

Comment

I asked him for a quote to wrap my Jofa 390 helmet in a red brick design. He sent me some CLIP ART looking picture that you can find on Microsoft Powerpoint. He quoted me $175.

Ah..................no

Comment

$175 for simple brick work you would do better asking tony jarret what he would charge. paying that kind of price it be better to have it painted.
        yes someone had their kids mask done on "show it off mask" but for that kind of money i would rather have it airbrushed. i saw also they have stick socks were you can have stick stylin now what will they think of next

Comment

I've used the vinyl on my mask, not preprinted, but cut from sheets. It holds up great, no issues.

The stuff I bought has a paper backing (that you peel off to reveal the adhesive) which if cut into 8.5x11 can have a image printed on it (inkjet, laser may jack the vinyl). This would help with tracing detail designs with a razor or even scissors.

Only wear has been puck scuffs. The puck will sometimes scuff off the gloss finish. Doesn't really matter much. The mirror/chrome looks sweet too.

When I eventually have a painted mask, I plan to accent the paint with the vinyl chrome.

Oh and I didn't clearcoat mine. It looked fine and allowed me to remake certain pieces if they got damaged (haven't had to, it's been on there for over 2 years now).
          Last edited by Kael; 10-04-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Kael - Is there a particular vinyl you use? If so, where do you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by snlsmith View Post
              Kael - Is there a particular vinyl you use? If so, where do you get it?
              Vinzdecals.com has the sheets of it. Just do a search for "Vinyl Sheets". Most of it is made by 3m.

Vinz Decals - Custom stickers & graphics. Quality decals.

Comment

Not sure I would do it but, looks cool.

wrap my mask hockey goalie masks and sticks and lessons

Comment

Originally posted by old G View Post

Just as an example, this is the same thing that Itech does on their lower end masks. They print on a sheet that gets cut and then put on the mask (I assume heated to contour).

You can also have other places (cafepress) print onto smaller vinyl sections (index card size, I believe), if you want to get real custom.

Comment

Originally posted by old G View Post

What's the deal with the camel head mask in the photo gallery????

Must be quite a team nickname....

Comment

Originally posted by Youthinstructor View Post
                      What's the deal with the camel head mask in the photo gallery????

Must be quite a team nickname....
                      I don't like how you can't get larger than thumbnail pics.

Comment

so does any one on the board have a mask with this because i forgot about a paint job and this is last minute?

Comment

Working...
                        X