X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34 + 1 [What does + 1 mean?]

Actually, I had this question posted with other questions when I was a newbie at this board. But I am wondering, what does + 1 mean for leg pads? Is this a significance for measuring your leg pads in anyway?

Thanks.

It means Standard sizing with one additional inch added to the thigh rise.

Comment

Originally posted by fuBar
      Actually, I had this question posted with other questions when I was a newbie at this board. But I am wondering, what does + 1 mean for leg pads? Is this a significance for measuring your leg pads in anyway?

Thanks.
      It means that the total length of the pads is 35" but the as far as where the knee lines up it is a 34" pad and an extra inch is added to the thigh rise.

So a 34+2" pad and a 36" pad (same brand) would be the same length but the knee area would be different. It would be lower in the 34+2 pad.

Hope this helps.

Comment

no it isnt... Certain pads have a certain "gear whore value". If you buy a set of pads, the last number, +somthing, is how much you increase your GSBB gearwhore score.

Comment

Originally posted by expatgoalie
          no it isnt... Certain pads have a certain "gear whore value". If you buy a set of pads, the last number, +somthing, is how much you increase your GSBB gearwhore score.

Great, now you're going to confuse him. He's supposed to slip into gear whorism, not be thrown to the wolves!

BTW, you DID ask this same question a couple of months ago.

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/showthread.php?t=43409

Are you like the chick in 50 First Dates? Do you read your own threads after people have posted responses? Anyway, here's a refresher:

http://wiki.goalieboard.com/Goalie_Dictionary
          Last edited by Eidolon; 03-17-2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Hey thanks a lot folks, this thread made a lot more sense to explain what the +1 is. But when should a person use the extra inch or two?

Comment

Hey thanks a lot folks, this thread made a lot more sense to explain what the +1 is. But when should a person use the extra inch or two?

If you have problems closing your 5 hole, the added thighrise offers more coverage, or you also could use a thighrise if your name is Garth Snow ( + 17 )

*note* the +17 is not a confirmed number on Snows thighrise just an estimate, I am sure it is waaaaay bigger

Comment

But when should a person use the extra inch or two?[/QUOTE]

When his chick tells him "its not enough"

Comment

when they cant close their 5 hole while in the butterfly

Comment

that why you have a +10 thight rise, right mike

Comment

Like others have said it is mostly for people that can't get a perfect seal with their five hole.

BUT if you look at Lundqvist, his pads are apparently 33+5". I seriously doubt he needs 5 extra inches to close his 5 hole. What is does do is it allows him to have his knees apart and still have no holes.

Comment

Here is a perfect pic to show the difference. 35" on the right and 35" + 1" on the left.

Originally posted by hunster71
                        BUT if you look at Lundqvist, his pads are apparently 33+5". I seriously doubt he needs 5 extra inches to close his 5 hole. What is does do is it allows him to have his knees apart and still have no holes.
                        I was told he needed that size because he has short shins with long thighs.
                        Last edited by Ant35; 03-17-2006, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ant35
                            I was told he needed that size because he has short shins with long thighs.
                            Maybe but in a pic that was posted his knee are way apart but he still has a perfect 5 hole seal.

Comment

Why not get 35 + 1 = 36

Why not get 36'?

Comment

Working...
                              X