X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking In New Glove

I have just bought a new velocity 2 glove and blocker. I have not used the glove yet because it is so stiff. Can anyone tell me a good way to break in my new glove?

Originally posted by Velo20
    I have just bought a new velocity 2 glove and blocker. I have not used the glove yet because it is so stiff. Can anyone tell me a good way to break in my new glove?
    Good choice bud!!! I got a set and loved them.
    Heat it up some how (Skate oven), then stick your hand it and open and close it so that it closes up at the T, make sure theres no overlap. Then before you go to bed at night tie the glove shut, with something in it stretching the pocket out. When you tie it make sure there is no overlap in the closure. then the next day just tape two or three pucks together and throw it as hard as u can into the pocket. Also bend the part at the end of you fingers in, it will help with closure and catching pucks.

THats about it you can try and stretch the cuff back a bit to loosen it up too

jeff

Comment

I put my glove on while watching TV and just kept opening and closing it. After doing it a few thousand times (no joke - you can do a few hundred during a half-hour show), the glove really loosens up. The added benefit is that it strengthens your glove hand.

Comment

you can also do this by running hot water through it, while playing with the closeure(dont stick yer habd in it yet!) just open and close it etc, then let it dry and play some more with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeps33
          you can also do this by running hot water through it, while playing with the closeure(dont stick yer habd in it yet!) just open and close it etc, then let it dry and play some more with it.
          Be careful with this method, or any heating method for that matter. Go too hot and you may damage the internals of the glove.

Oh, and just for the record - NO MICROWAVES FOR HEATING GEAR!!!!!

MtA

Comment

Doesn't anyone search first before asking questions that have been answered a thousand times?

Comment

Vaughn gloves can go in the skate oven, threw my 5500 in for 7 minutes (longer than would really be advisable) and it felt a thousand times better than it was out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by hunster71
                Doesn't anyone search first before asking questions that have been answered a thousand times?
                simple answer? No, and you know this MAAAYYYNNNNNN!!!

MtA

Comment

Originally posted by Keeps33
                  I dont recommend doing this with a glove that has a leather interior like the V2. It dries out the leather and it will eventually crack.

Can you remold a glove like the V2? I'd like to try it, I never did it when i bought it,.

Comment

well the warm/hot water method is safer than putting a ghlove in the oven IMO, there is no risk of burning the glove this way. I found this method by accident by cleaning my glove, the gel inside got nice and soft and the glove was way more flexible. I, however wouldnt do this regularly.

Comment

I am breakin in a reebok glove too..

No overlap?? meaning when the glove closes the finger part should not wrap over the thumb?? If that is the case my reebok seems to close with a few inches of overlap? how can I change that?? help??

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

glove

i use a 5lbs weight and use its like a puck. you can also just simply wear it around the house, or while you'r watching tv...keep playin with it...good luck, and nice set!

Comment

You could always try hanging it near the back of the shower and taking a very warm shower. Just make sure the doors and windows are closed so you get as much steam as possible. Most pro's put there new stuff in the steam room to break them in, so you could try the home version. I tried and after I opened and closed it for a little bit and repeated the step the next day, it actually worked pretty well. I rubbed some warm water on the crease of the glove to help break it down a little.

Comment

I did the shower thing with my Battram gloves last night. My wife walked in the bathroom, I heard "oh god" then she walked out.....lol. Doing ti again today.

Comment

Working...
                              X