Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Design Contest - Ultimate Prize!

I know that we've discussed the Eagle Design Contest on a couple of threads already (GSBB's entries and shanks' thread), but there's one more thing that I won besides custom pads with my graphic design: a trip to the Eagle Hockey factory!

I'll be in London Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon (Nov 10 and 11), and I will get a chance to tour the factory, see what it's like to operate a hockey equipment company, and spend time with Ross and Gus.

I figure that since I found out about this contest on the GSBB, I would "share" this prize with the membership here. I'll bring my camera along and take as many pictures as I'm allowed . And since I'll have bunches of time with the big bosses, if anyone has questions for Eagle, post them here and I'll do my best to find some answers!
    Last edited by Lemieux; 11-05-2005, 12:37 AM.

check on my infinity glove while you're there. essentially Dafoe's boston graphics on an Infinity glove with a bunch of mods.

Comment

See if they are finally puting a calf bar/wedge on this line!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Comment

The factory will not be as impressive as you think. If you do nothing else while you are there, beg and plead with Ross to take you to his family restaurant and have him cook a meal for you. He cooked for me a couple other guys once and I will tell you that it was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had.

Emile

Comment

i've been through the factory before, as well as the McKenney plant, and they are an interesting experience, but aside from the shipping room, everything else is in pieces or in production, and so unless you can visualize what a pad will look like from a box of cut pieces and foams, its a little anticlimatic.

Gus showed me around the place when i had my pad fixed, and i scored some free swag too. Great guy and a very nice establishment. Hard to find at first though. You wouldn't expect some of the top equipment in the world to come out of a factory that's hidden in the industrial sector of London, ON

Comment

ask if they are putting damn nylon on the calf wing for this line.

Comment

cool, take lots of pics, from the start to a finished pad! that would be cool! Or maybe scott would do it for us!

Comment

Originally posted by #20
                ask if they are putting damn nylon on the calf wing for this line.
                Clarino rules!

Comment

Somehow, I would have to believe that a trip to "the House" is part of the gig...

Originally posted by the_canadian_beast_00
                  The factory will not be as impressive as you think. If you do nothing else while you are there, beg and plead with Ross to take you to his family restaurant and have him cook a meal for you. He cooked for me a couple other guys once and I will tell you that it was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had.

Emile

Comment

Who are you kidding...getting a tour of the factory.

They're putting you to work Chris...on YOUR gear! LOL

Have a great trip! Sorry I couldn't make it up there.

By the way...you might see something very interesting while you are there...

Originally posted by Lemieux
                    I know that we've discussed the Eagle Design Contest on a couple of threads already (GSBB's entries and shanks' thread), but there's one more thing that I won besides custom pads with my graphic design: a trip to the Eagle Hockey factory!

I'll be in London Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon (Nov 10 and 11), and I will get a chance to tour the factory, see what it's like to operate a hockey equipment company, and spend time with Ross and Gus.

I figure that since I found out about this contest on the GSBB, I would "share" this prize with the membership here. I'll bring my camera along and take as many pictures as I'm allowed . And since I'll have bunches of time with the big bosses, if anyone has questions for Eagle, post them here and I'll do my best to find some answers!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelo Cordoba
                      Who are you kidding...getting a tour of the factory.

They're putting you to work Chris...on YOUR gear! LOL

Have a great trip! Sorry I couldn't make it up there.

By the way...you might see something very interesting while you are there...
                      Tease!! BOOOO! BOOOO!! do tell!

Comment

lol ask them about my PMW! tell them the poor boy in Toronto is playing with a SR glove against pretty good shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by shanks
                          ... i scored some free swag too...
                          Ahhh, Swag. What a great word. Enjoy Lemieux.

Comment

I spoke to Chris (Lemieux) on the phone yesterday and he had already been in the factory and was just finishing up dinner with the boys. This morning, he was "put to work" on his pads. I'm sure he'll have some stories to tell and photos to show!!!

Comment

Aww man, if i would have known i would have been able to help make my own pair of pads i would have tried harder!

Comment

Working...
                              X