New skates damaged!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New skates damaged!!!

So I got new skates (CCM Tacks 6092) and wore them for 3 or 4 games. Last night I took a slap shot off the instep where there is a gap in the cowling. It hurt but, hey it's goaltending, right? So I continued and played the game. Well, the pain got more noticeable during the game, so in a stoppage of play I took my blocker off and rubbed the skate along the instep. It was cracked! Yes, the skate was cracked!!! I couldn't believe it. After the game I realized that it was right where there's a gap in the cowling.

I've taken it to my relatively local shop and they told me CCM will warranty it probably replacing the skates. I'm not too confident in these CCM and when I asked about going back to Bauer (I've always worn Bauer Supremes until now) he told me that they were no more protective than the CCMs. He only has the Bauer s170 in stock but he can get the s190 skates. He stated that these are more protective than the s170.

Is it just me, or are skates supposed to protect the feet from shots?? I know that the Bauers don't have the cowling anymore, but do they protect from shots or are we supposed to Butterfly never exposing the side of the skates?

Looking on some advice on what direction to go with getting skates that protect my feet. Anyone else have this problem?

Sorry everyone - it seems I posted this three times. It's also supposed to be in the equipment forum but I can't seem to find it. Can an administrator delete the other two posts please?

Comment

Working...
    X