Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspenders over or under chest protector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspenders over or under chest protector?

Today I played a game with my suspenders over my chest protector and it didn't restrict my movement, but it was uncomfortable and my pants were high up. Should I try going under or will that slip off my shoulders? Also should add I had my chest protector tucked which I don't usually do.

If you wear them under your CA, you should tie them together with something like a piece of skate lace. Then they won't slip down off of your shoulders.

Comment

I have found it really depends on the chest protector you are wearing. I used to wear two longer torso chest protectors (Edge 5000 and Brian's Alite) which I wore suspenders under. However once I switched up to a ******* UB5000 with a shorter torso, I found I needed to tuck everything in and wear my suspenders over my chest protector. In the end it all comes down to what feels most comfortable to you.

I should also added that when I wore Vaughn V-Lites I didn't wear any suspenders.

Comment

If you are going over instead of under, you have to remember to make the suspenders a bit longer. Otherwise, your pants ride up as you describe

Comment

I wear suspenders under my c/a. If you put the left suspender over your right shoulder and the right suspender over your left shoulder, criss-crossing them, they will never fall off or slide down and your pants will be where they're supposed to be.

Comment

Got tired of tying them with skate lace and got one of these.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/accessor...nders-tie.html

Comment

under & tie them together is what i prefer

Comment

I go over and I want my pants to ride high. Best way to keep my C/A tucked. Unfortunately when it comes untucked I can never get it tucked in again.

Comment

I go over my c/a but I don't tuck it into my pants.

Comment

• estogoalie
                    estogoalie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    same here.....
                Working...
                X