Soft / Comfortable Skate Boot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft / Comfortable Skate Boot?

Is anyone making a soft/comfortable skate boot these days? It seems everyone is making harder-shell boots with smaller (or no) cowlings. My favorite boots were Graf's 750 or G50, but Graf doesn't make them anymore, and all their newer boots are stiff :/
    My son has Bauer Reactors, and they aren't TOO stiff, but I've just never been a Bauer guy when it comes to skates for whatever reason. I've always been a Graf guy, but unless they come out with a softer boot sometime soon, I guess I have to see what else is out there.
    How about Vaughn? Or Easton? Are they stiff? CCM?

As far as I know, CCM and those other big guys offer 4 boot stiffness type. Only available on their true custom high-end skates.

I have GX2 skates and they're more traditional and softness is concerned. It was one of the key features that made me select them. If that helps.

Comment

Give the Reactors a try.

I went from Graf 750s to Bauer Reactors. I had foot pain at first but after swapping out the stock insole with Superfeet, the Bauers have been fine.

Comment

I remember being back home in Ol' Blighty. I wore Graf skates and wore Koho, Tackla and Jofa. Go to Canada and ultimately America and I tried out CCM Super Tacks. Nice skate. Then I ended up in Bauer Supreme 90, finished playing in those. Fast forward 25 years later, and it seemed EVERY skate was stiff. I was then told Graf were more like what I used to play in. But then I couldn't find any soft like I wanted.

Let's face it- soft skates are NOT fashionable any longer. Sad as it is...
        Last edited by bunnyman666; 01-11-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Looks like the VH custom boot is soft & it's custom but of course you have to pay for the fact it's custom but it might be an option worth looking at. That or an older pair of Graf's that aren't dead with a softer boot.

Comment

Im just gonna sew a high top sneaker into a cowling. Be done with buying $1000 skates.

Comment

• estogoalie
              estogoalie commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha, maybe not a bad idea. Put some Adidas in there, next time some forward gets to close to me I'll get all up in his face...you man, you scuffed my Adidas!

Not sure your size but I ave the Grafs 5035 and I love them. Soft and suple..... I think Goalie Monkey has a sale on Graf skates now. you can always look there

These are mine and probably the most comfortable skate I have worn

Click image for larger version

Name:	14368638_10157736624155112_5882558471051182493_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	48754

Comment

• estogoalie
              estogoalie commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, I have a pair of the G9035 on the way. Are they stiffer than the G5035?

Not for sure, but when I had a pair in my hands. The 9035 felt a little stiffer, but not by much, But then again I thought my Bauer 5000 were way super stiff as well. So that probably doesn't help you lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cush29 View Post
              Looks like the VH custom boot is soft & it's custom but of course you have to pay for the fact it's custom but it might be an option worth looking at. That or an older pair of Graf's that aren't dead with a softer boot.
              Very hard stiff shell, on the inside the choic is between a clarino and a wick liner. The wick liner is softer but wears more. Toe box is very well cushioned.

Comment

Working...
              X