Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New glove break in, skate oven or keeps method?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New glove break in, skate oven or keeps method?

So I just got a new ccm premier set and Its been a while since I've broken in a new glove.

I have a skate oven (I have problem don't ask). Has anyone ever baked their glove would you recommend this over the keeps hot water method? Seems the same just without the inconvenience of dripping water and waiting for the thing to dry, or is that drying how it gets nice and broken in?

I would try the skate oven, if you have it why not try it.
    You can always do both.

Comment

Does it really need breaking in? The last couple of trappers I had were good to go off the shelf (TPS, Brian's, Bauer)

Comment

The new premier game ready palms are very similar to pro-palms - a lot thicker and beefier than the last gen. It's going to take a bit of break-in. I'd try the skate baker first.

Comment

Originally posted by ruckus007 View Post
          The new premier game ready palms are very similar to pro-palms - a lot thicker and beefier than the last gen. It's going to take a bit of break-in. I'd try the skate baker first.
          Wonder if that has something to do with the cuffs breaking apart. Probably not since it is plastic vs how thick the felt in the palm is but just curious as to that decision.

Comment

I've routinely used a regular oven before to make adjustments or tweak my glove or any other pads that contain foam or plastic pieces for that matter. I've put S curves into my goalie pads by using an autoclave at work (it sterilizes items for testing and hospitals) as they are huge. I've used a conventional oven for my glove and its worked perfect. I usually set it for 200 and then give it 10 min or so. Just be sure to put on a mechanic glove or batting glove (that are clean) as the glove will be hot to warm. I will bend or shape and then hold the glove until cold and you should be set. It's better than drenching you glove in water to me and its ready to go right after.

Comment

DO NOT USE WATER!!!!

Comment

Water is completely fine... water won't ruin equipment in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by XCVII View Post
                  DO NOT USE WATER!!!!
                  Why? These things are designed to get wet.

Comment

Convection oven set at 170F, preheat, then let run 10 minutes, spray glove liberally with water spray, turn off oven, put glove in oven for ten minutes, take out, work it until cooled.
                    Last edited by bunnyman666; 01-11-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

oven method should be ok, but you need to carefully plan a side dish. serving just a glove for dinner simply won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by CoopALoop1234 View Post

Why? These things are designed to get wet.
                        Designed to be submerged and soaked in water? Don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by btoran View Post
                          oven method should be ok, but you need to carefully plan a side dish. serving just a glove for dinner simply won't do.
                          Rice goes better with roasted Jenpro than does potatoes. Asparagus is a good veggie for roasted Jenpro.

:P

Comment

Submerged? I don't know that's a great idea on a regular basis. I am one who thinks that a little spray and heat is okay; full submersion? Maybe not on a regular basis.

Comment

No one is advocating for the use of submerging in water... Even if, it's not going to wreck the glove.

The Keeps method of running hot water through won't harm the glove by any stretch. Shit, these things soak up tons of water and sweat while we play.

Comment

Working...
                              X