Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thoughts / feedback on Bauer 1S Goal Skates ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts / feedback on Bauer 1S Goal Skates ?

i did a search here, didnt come up with anything ..... seriously considering getting these

https://www.bauer.com/goalie-ice-hoc.../1s-goal-skate

anyone have them [or maybe the 170s or 190s ?]

thx in advance

I have the 190s, really liking them so far. Attack angle is amazing, really notice it for recoveries and sliding when down.

Comment

Looks like all the new 1 peice skates a 3mm blade.
      Wonder if bauer is gonna phase out 4mm blades

Comment

Originally posted by goalie39 View Post
        I have the 190s, really liking them so far. Attack angle is amazing, really notice it for recoveries and sliding when down.

thx, i bit the bullet and went top of the line ... [EDIT: $547 ] total including shipping. will get them in 5-14 days. then i have to learn the "slide" and "recovery" technique ....
        Last edited by dean42mvg; 01-07-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dean42mvg View Post

thx, i bit the bullet and went top of the line ... $627 total including shipping. will get them in 5-14 days. then i have to learn the "slide" and "recovery" technique ....
          How'd you get them so cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by walkerdb7 View Post

How'd you get them so cheap?
            i'll let you know as soon as they confirm mine shipped
            they actually were $547

Comment

The Supreme skates are very tempting...

How do they fit? I am coming from a Reebok 16k and a Vaughn GX-2. The Vaughn has been killing my ankle and sometimes my feet. The Reebok fit divinely. I am actually half-tempted to forsake my Vaughn and go back to the the Reebok. It's either the Bauer or the VH. I would get the new Step holder with fat blade for the Bauers.
              Last edited by bunnyman666; 01-06-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

mine are shipping from Germany monday. once i try them, i'll post my thoughts. i tried on the 190s ast my local store and there were snug, but, of course, they werent baked and formed to my foot. i was told they do fit more snugly due to the curv composite design. i did notice the more extreme attack angle in a wide stance instantly. but i decided to try and track down the 1S if i could.

the 190s were $499 no shipping [possibly tax though] if ordered online or $30 tax in store

so, for $15 more i got the 1S !!

Comment

I've been wearing 1s since the summer. I love mine. Love the attack angle and the low weight.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeD5 View Post
                    I've been wearing 1s since the summer. I love mine. Love the attack angle and the low weight.
                    GREAT !! thx !

Comment

I hated the tongues, too short and hated the top taper, so i had them swapped out with all black nexus ones bought aftermarket, they are the best goal skates ever made now.

Comment

Where did you get the tongues?

I have the S190's and have upgraded steel from Tydan Blades. Love the super tall height and supreme attack angle on these babies now.

Comment

I'm more of a vapor guy I want to wait and see about those

Comment

the attack angle

Comment

they are on the way from Germany ..... hoping to get them soon

Comment

Working...
                              X