The case for all white or retro tan gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
    I've stuck with black/white/silver on my sets and mask for probably a dozen years, so it's my thing. But even then, it's generally neutral enough that it goes with most of the teams I play with, or at the very least doesn't clash. Black base usually eliminate that dreaded yellow stain effect you get on most all-white gear.

That said, I can definitely see the argument to go all white and customize the gear using pad skinz. Lots of flexibility there, so very hard to argue. And while boring, it's still classy. Can never go wrong with retro, but it depends on how often the set gets used, how durable it is, and how the overall appearance holds up. My buddy had a retro Simmons set for a couple of years and they looked great the whole time.
    Yes- a great argument you have. and a very attractive set, as well!

I hate most graphics, but Warriors recent starting with Ritual and their evolutions are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scythe View Post
      I went to get a sharpening the other day and every piece of equipment in the store was black n white. Players and goalies. One wall was just player gloves all black n white. Every goalie stick was black n white. There was 1 red and white stick.

small store = special order
      I see your Blue note; are you in the StL area? If so, where the heck is a small store?

Comment

hi bunnyman, no i'm in the Nashville area... have always liked the Notes

Comment

I only wear white gear. Graphics nowadays range from trivial to horrendous, cynically targeted to junior/teen goalies and their egos/artistic tastes. White gear is timeless, completely versatile, doesn't require meaningless deliberation about color zones, lets you use multiple gear lines without a bunch of visual confusion, etc. No non-pro can justify the sort of expense to be buying colored gear without admitting it is about roleplay or pretentious image, none of which has anything to do with real goaltending and doesn't speak to a given goalie's character. It's not much a debate tbh
          Last edited by shadow47; 01-08-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• shadow47
            shadow47 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I went next-level! as much as I like to look at and discuss gear I think sometimes it becomes too much. Sending pads back to the factory and griping to your gear rep about this color or that lace. A nice white pad feels so zen. I'm only joking in that I am being a little brutally honest, it's just my take on it though. To each their own!

• shadow47
            shadow47 commented
            Editing a comment
            I might be a little OCD who knows?

• bunnyman666
            bunnyman666 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes, you can't ascertain a tongue-cheek comment. But I was neither harmed nor offended. I'm okay with it.

I'm going to do a full retro set for my next set, works with any color combo like all white does.The only downside to all white is stains are more visible, the yellow staining and some pink stain from rubbing the posts is what I've noticed most. Color, retro, or all white are the same price unless you go full out custom. In the end its your gear do what you want, if you want new gear every year to match your new team do it, it's your money. Have fun with whatever you do, Its just a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alberta View Post
            I'm going to do a full retro set for my next set, works with any color combo like all white does.The only downside to all white is stains are more visible, the yellow staining and some pink stain from rubbing the posts is what I've noticed most. Color, retro, or all white are the same price unless you go full out custom. In the end its your gear do what you want, if you want new gear every year to match your new team do it, it's your money. Have fun with whatever you do, Its just a game.
            My sentiments, exactly! I merely put the topic out there for the point of discussion.

Comment

Working...
            X