Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case for all white or retro tan gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I've done the all white, I've bought pads and padskinned a blocker to match a glove I liked, and I'm currently doing retro for no other reason than Kenesky makes such a bad *** retro pad. the trappers in the white/green set are now the retro trappers for my current set, thanks to Dave Wilcox.

    Comment


    • Mike24
      Mike24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the nords jersey. I wore a green whalers jersey with my all white set. I'd post pics but I don't have the first clue on how.

  • #17
    Originally posted by bc30 View Post
    I've done the all white, I've bought pads and padskinned a blocker to match a glove I liked, and I'm currently doing retro for no other reason than Kenesky makes such a bad *** retro pad. the trappers in the white/green set are now the retro trappers for my current set, thanks to Dave Wilcox.
    Holy Smokes BC! That is by far the best retro set i've ever seen.

    Comment


    • #18
      Originally posted by bc30 View Post
      I've done the all white, I've bought pads and padskinned a blocker to match a glove I liked, and I'm currently doing retro for no other reason than Kenesky makes such a bad *** retro pad. the trappers in the white/green set are now the retro trappers for my current set, thanks to Dave Wilcox.
      That is a fine retro set you have there!

      Comment


      • #19
        Originally posted by darkness99 View Post
        Trying to match colours with my teams doesn't factor into my decision of buying equipment as our teams are usually short jerseys and need the goalie jersey for a player so I just buy my own jersey to match the colours of my equipment. For my last two sets of gear I bought pro return pads and then tried to find a set of used gloves to match the colours of the pads. One of my sets happily ended up being Charlestown Chiefs colours so it follows that I obviously had to buy the matching Chiefs Denis Lemieux jersey.

        LOL Lemieux of the Chiefs!

        Comment


        • #20
          I started the season with all white gear. I was like SBR in that I would never wear all white. Major losing streak forced me to go to my old school set. Started playing better and feel comfortable with the old gear. The team started to come around (brand new team with a bunch of new guys). Kind of itching to go back to the all white for next season. The team is talking about jerseys but I could care less. Teams wont consider matching jerseys by what color gear their goalie wears so Ill wear what I want to wear.

          Comment


          • #21
            Originally posted by bc30 View Post
            I've done the all white, I've bought pads and padskinned a blocker to match a glove I liked, and I'm currently doing retro for no other reason than Kenesky makes such a bad *** retro pad. the trappers in the white/green set are now the retro trappers for my current set, thanks to Dave Wilcox.
            Love that set. Even more bad *** in person.
            Originally posted by Mike24 View Post
            Love the nords jersey. I wore a green whalers jersey with my all white set. I'd post pics but I don't have the first clue on how.
            http://goaliestore.com/board/forum/e...48#post3261748

            Comment


            • #22
              Thanks, guys - Mike knocked it out of the park!

              Comment


              • #23
                Originally posted by goalieworld35 View Post
                I started the season with all white gear. I was like SBR in that I would never wear all white. Major losing streak forced me to go to my old school set. Started playing better and feel comfortable with the old gear. The team started to come around (brand new team with a bunch of new guys). Kind of itching to go back to the all white for next season. The team is talking about jerseys but I could care less. Teams wont consider matching jerseys by what color gear their goalie wears so Ill wear what I want to wear.
                Yeah- I know what you mean. I don't hate all-white gear for beer leaguers.

                But if you played well in your all-white, go with what works!!!

                Comment


                • #24
                  I went to get a sharpening the other day and every piece of equipment in the store was black n white. Players and goalies. One wall was just player gloves all black n white. Every goalie stick was black n white. There was 1 red and white stick.

                  small store = special order
                  Last edited by Scythe; 01-07-2017, 12:51 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #25
                    While white base gear looks great new and out of the box, it looks terrible with a few dozen puck marks on it. Especially the white nylon areas of gear that start to discolor yellow from sweat and whatever else. While that doesn't matter to most, I hate how bad it looks after a few outings. Besides, I always get pro gear when ordering new and never shy away from using red base.

                    Comment


                    • #26
                      I've stuck with black/white/silver on my sets and mask for probably a dozen years, so it's my thing. But even then, it's generally neutral enough that it goes with most of the teams I play with, or at the very least doesn't clash. Black base usually eliminate that dreaded yellow stain effect you get on most all-white gear.

                      That said, I can definitely see the argument to go all white and customize the gear using pad skinz. Lots of flexibility there, so very hard to argue. And while boring, it's still classy. Can never go wrong with retro, but it depends on how often the set gets used, how durable it is, and how the overall appearance holds up. My buddy had a retro Simmons set for a couple of years and they looked great the whole time.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #27
                        Don't discount all black as an option too. I don't play league so no need to match. I stick with my red/black colours.

                        Comment


                        • #28
                          Originally posted by KootenayKeeper View Post
                          Don't discount all black as an option too. I don't play league so no need to match. I stick with my red/black colours.
                          Back when I lived in Toronto I only played with friends, non league. So I just went with colours that I liked or whatever pad came with a nice deal. Now in Hong Kong it's all league and tournaments so my recent purchase was all white.

                          Comment


                          • #29
                            Originally posted by XCVII View Post
                            While white base gear looks great new and out of the box, it looks terrible with a few dozen puck marks on it. Especially the white nylon areas of gear that start to discolor yellow from sweat and whatever else. While that doesn't matter to most, I hate how bad it looks after a few outings. Besides, I always get pro gear when ordering new and never shy away from using red base.
                            I won't disagree with your statement on the puck marks or the staining of the white nylon.

                            Comment


                            • #30
                              Originally posted by KootenayKeeper View Post
                              Don't discount all black as an option too. I don't play league so no need to match. I stick with my red/black colours.
                              Yes- all black matches a lot of unis and doesn't clash with others. And it doesn't look sickly after awhile, unlike white nylon, that is...
                              Last edited by bunnyman666; 01-08-2017, 07:20 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X