The case for all white or retro tan gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case for all white or retro tan gear

Okay- I know the title could earn enough flames to burn down the entire city of Chicago, but hear me out:

For the beer leaguer: If your team sponsors change colours, you will always match. You could pad skin for each team colourway each season. Nothing to cover up if you switch teams.

For the pros: I see the advantage if you're either perrenial trade bait or are in the last year of a contract and you could potentially be another team's rental for the playoffs. Otherwise, white is blech.

I ended up with White, no graphics, and a silver weave slash on the boot. Goes with ALL of my sweaters. Looks classy, if not a bit boring.

I have done all white in the past. I have thought about all tan. But never did it. Currently I'm in mostly black. I hopeing to get an all white set of the same gear shorty. For the reasons you've stated.

I like that the pros are going back to team colored gear. Reminds me of the 90s. But they have deep pockets I don't.

Comment

I did tan last year. The best looking tan is, unfortunately the LEAST durable (Vaughn and Brian's tan), and I just don't like the mustardy tan that is durable.

I was a big fan of Elliot's Cujo tribute set. LOVED it.

Comment

I don't really care about matching my team all that much. Two times I was on a team that wanted to get new jerseys. Both times neither one wanted to incorporate colors of the gear I already had. **** it, I match myself. I will admit though that recently I have been thinking about going with a vintage tan Vaughn setup just for something different. Doubt it ever happens though. I am pretty set with gear for a few more years.

edit - I will never do all white though!
        Last edited by SaveByRichter35; 01-04-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
          I don't really care about matching my team all that much. Two times I was on a team that wanted to get new jerseys. Both times neither one wanted to incorporate colors of the gear I already had. **** it, I match myself. I will admit though that recently I have been thinking about going with a vintage tan Vaughn setup just for something different. Doubt it ever happens though. I am pretty set with gear for a few more years.

edit - I will never do all white though!
          Different strokes, matey!

I mixed it up with a slash or strip of silver robocop.

But hey- you gotta respect someone who matches themselves; I have ZERO problem with that, either. Not that you needed my approval

Comment

I guess I was over exaggerating when I said I don't care all that much. I do, but not enough to buy a new set per team. I'm more pissed that they didn't wanna at least try to match me since half of them went out and bought all new gear after getting the new jerseys anyways
            Last edited by SaveByRichter35; 01-04-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

All white or predominantly white would be boring, already did retro and not interested in doing it again. Don't care for any of the team themed colors and don't care enough about any color scheme that I could possibly dream up to go custom for that color scheme. That leaves me with black or black with some white.

Comment

I know a guy whose favourite colourway is the Philly Flyers. None of the teams he plays on have Philly
                colours. It's his thing.

Since I don't want differing sets for different unis- I went white. If I had unlimited funds, I would match every uni with a set.

Comment

I guess I was over exaggerating when I said I don't care all that much. I do, but not enough to buy a new set per team. I'm more pissed that they didn't wanna at least try to match me since half of them went out and bought all new gear after getting the new jerseys anyways
                  Unless your name is Rockefeller, you can't change sets with each uniform. I understand where you're coming from.

White glove is already looking like dog doo doo. The nylon stains like CRAZY!

Comment

My gear is all blue based with red and white accents.

Comment

My gear is all blue based with red and white accents.
                      I'd never guess

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyman666 View Post

I'd never guess

Ten char

Comment

I gave up trying to match long ago, as soon as I started playing for a few different teams during the week. I'll match the base colour of the sweater but just wear my own, Syracuse Crunch, Team Czech, Nashville preds, etc. And there's no chance in hell I'm going to match anything now that I have new (to me) pads; Brian's white/pink breast cancer awareness pads.

Comment

Originally posted by parebele View Post
                            I gave up trying to match long ago, as soon as I started playing for a few different teams during the week. I'll match the base colour of the sweater but just wear my own, Syracuse Crunch, Team Czech, Nashville preds, etc. And there's no chance in hell I'm going to match anything now that I have new (to me) pads; Brian's white/pink breast cancer awareness pads.
                            Breast cancer is it's own theme! It matches everything!

Comment

Trying to match colours with my teams doesn't factor into my decision of buying equipment as our teams are usually short jerseys and need the goalie jersey for a player so I just buy my own jersey to match the colours of my equipment. For my last two sets of gear I bought pro return pads and then tried to find a set of used gloves to match the colours of the pads. One of my sets happily ended up being Charlestown Chiefs colours so it follows that I obviously had to buy the matching Chiefs Denis Lemieux jersey.

Comment

Working...
                              X