Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between a 960 and 961?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between a 960 and 961?

I know it's a very popular design...but besides the fit is there a difference in shell design? Thanks guys!

I'm probably wrong but I believe they're the same other than one being certified and one not?

Comment

http://goaliestore.com/board/forum/e...0-961-question

This is the best answer I have found

Comment

I didn't see this in there - the 961 had a smaller backplate than the 960. Additionally, there is an extra chin strap on the 960 which might result in an extra pair of buttons being on the bottom of the mask once removed.

If you are looking at used masks, there are many models that look very similar to this shape and it can be confusing. Also, people often forget about the 9000 model which was mostly carbon fiber, making the mask very light and susceptible to cracks.

If you are looking at new versions of this mask, most makers and brands out there have some kind of shape resembling this, sometimes even exactly the same. You might even be able to get a new one from Jerry Wright himself. Unless the original Bauer is a perfect fit (or the name brand means something to you), I'd go the alternative route. I hear the quality of the Bauer pro masks are not what they used to be back when they were Itech branded.

Comment

Working...
        X