Pro Laces: an initial impression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Laces: an initial impression

I got a set of Pro Laces back in October when I got my Supreme One.9 pads. I wanted to try the alternative to Monster HAL laces.

First of all- this is a TOTALLY different system. Hals can basically lace up like a traditional toe tie with a velcro closure. The Pro Laces do not. They are shorter. I would call these a better execution of the Brian's Smart Toe. These attach with a set of helmet screws into your pad- nothing to become untied like the Brian's Smart Toe can (though you could attach the Smart Toes with helmet screws to your toe bridge).

Quality-wise, these are definitely a high-quality item. The elastic needs to break in a bit for full stretch. The velcro is of HIGH quality.

Functionality-wise, they perform as well as the Hal and MUCH better than the Brian's. One would have to modify Warrior pads to get these to work.

I ordered mine off of eBay and got them from Canada to the US Midwest in ten days.

I am a fan.

Got a pair of these today for Christmas and like you said very well built. The elastic seems very heavy duty not the cheap think stuff.
    Last edited by Snowman30; 12-26-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

How would you compare the Pro Laces with HAL Pro Senior Straps? Which would you say is better and why?

Comment

Pictures???

Comment

Pro laces do have some huge upside... the elastic is strong and sewn into the Velcro strapping. Build quality is excellent and they're customizable with colour name/number.

Downside is that you add an extra piece to the toe bridge and as mentioned above length is not adjustable (8" of elastic is standard).

I've made my own product for my Passau's that are a hybrid of both the HALS and pro laces.

Comment

• Snowman30
            Snowman30 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wouldn't say it was a downside with how they attach, have mine on and they are maybe an 1/8 inch lower then my regular toe tie hoes. Attaching them that way is very strong

How do these things work? I never understood them.

Comment

SBR, i have the same question.. So, I am going to be test driving some Cord type toes from a guy in Calgary -5Hole Products.. well see. i still use the old smith sliding toe.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fivehole/

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
              How do these things work? I never understood them.
              With the Hals, you lace them through the cowlings a couple of times and fasten the velcro ends together. Pro Laces cross once under the cowling and attach at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                SBR, i have the same question.. So, I am going to be test driving some Cord type toes from a guy in Calgary -5Hole Products.. well see. i still use the old smith sliding toe.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fivehole/

Wish I could see that- it demands that I sign into Facecrack and I REFUSE to get an account.

Comment

• Pokey47
                  Pokey47 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the fivehole group is now public, no need for a facebook account to check out my stuff.

https://m.facebook.com/prolacesgoalie
                Videos on how to use them are on here. Hope it works
                Ebay auctions where he sells them,
                http://www.ebay.ca/itm/282285008286?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                Last edited by Snowman30; 12-26-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

You basically screw the supplied bridge attachment into your existing toe bridge. That's the only downside for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyman666 View Post

Wish I could see that- it demands that I sign into Facecrack and I REFUSE to get an account.
                    I'm on facebook, and for some reason it's a closed group, so you can't see the posts if you aren't a member - i don't need to join another group - not the best way to hype your product

Comment

• Pokey47
                      Pokey47 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The group is now public.

Originally posted by bc30 View Post

I'm on facebook, and for some reason it's a closed group, so you can't see the posts if you aren't a member - i don't need to join another group - not the best way to hype your product
                    I joined. Looks like it's closed due to the products being one offs from other companies

Comment

Originally posted by bc30 View Post

I've said this about MANY companies, not just in the goalie world. If you have a closed group on FB, it's a red flag for me.

Comment

• Pokey47
                        Pokey47 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am not a company, just a single person making products for my fellow goalies at a great price.

Its now Public.. FYI not my company or page.

Comment

Working...
                      X