Vaughn vs CCM pad size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaughn vs CCM pad size?

I have CCM Extreme I pads 33+1. I find them a little big in the thigh rise. Kinda slows down my mobility.
    I have found a set of vaughn V6 2000 in a 33+1 and i am just wondering if they would be slightly smaller.
    Ive heard Vaughn pads fit a little smaller than the CCM. Can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks for your help

Older Vaughn stuff with break down quicker and settle more in the boot. Otherwise there won't be too much of a sizing difference

Comment

cbester, there's definitely a difference in sizing between Vaughn and CCM. I've had both and have worn 35+1 Velocities (which did settle over time as mentioned above), but initially the 35+1 fit me the exact same as a 34+1 CCM Retro Flex.

The Retro Flexes haven't settled on me yet and this is my 3rd season with them (beer league).

Comment

Measurement Charts from the Hockey Shop... Note: Vaughn Sizing is for the V7 Pro line

CCM Senior Leg Pad Sizing Chart Leg Pad SizeFloor-to-Knee Measurement 32 18.5 19.5" 47.2 49.7 cm 33 19.5 20.5" 49.7 52.3 cm 34 20.5 21.5" 52.3 54.8 cm 35 21.5 22.5" 54.8 57.4 cm 36 22.5 23.5" 57.4 60.0 cm

Vaughn Velocity Senior Leg Pad Sizing Chart Leg Pad SizeFloor-to-Knee Measurement 32 19.5 20.5" 49.7 52.3 cm 33 20.5 21.5" 52.3 54.8 cm 34 21.5 22.5" 54.8 57.4 cm 35 22.5 23.5" 57.4 60.0 cm 36 23.5 24.5" 60.0 62.2 cm -

Comment

I find Vaughn 34+1 is the same as CCM 33+1. The thigh rise is the same but the boot angle is different. Vaughn is 90 degree and CCM more like 45 degree.

Comment

Shameless plug, I'm selling a set of V4 7600 pads, 33" if interested.

Comment

being a goalie that had this same challenge, yes CCM fit bigger in both the boot and the over all height of the pad! yes the Vaughns are a little softer after a while, but the over all fit was better for me!

Comment

If we're talking 2016 CCM Vs. 2016 Vaughn gear, size is the same in the knee. Thigh rise is much taller on CCM gear plus Vaughn has a slight taper in their thigh width.

Comment

Originally posted by XCVII View Post
                  If we're talking 2016 CCM Vs. 2016 Vaughn gear, size is the same in the knee. Thigh rise is much taller on CCM gear plus Vaughn has a slight taper in their thigh width.
                  Aren't CCMs already thinner than Vaughn in the thigh though?

Comment

I'll chime in and say that my son's 33" CCM RetroFlex pad has about the same fit as my 34" Vaughn Velo's

Comment

Originally posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
                      Aren't CCMs already thinner than Vaughn in the thigh though?

Isn't that what I said?

Comment

Originally posted by XCVII View Post

Isn't that what I said?
                        That's not how I took it, no.

Comment

Update i did buy the Vaughns and they are def smaller in the thigh rise. I love them.

Comment

Working...
                          X