This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rico View Post
    Let's lower the draft eligible age to 4.
    I think some of the Atom parents think it already is.

Comment

• So this will go into my Pad Purchasing thread but I figured it should go here.
      Bauer just released the customizer for the 1X line, and it is even more disappointing than I originally though. Now I saw what the booking colours were before so I had an idea of what would generally be available, but I assumed the customizer would allow for the already seen colour combinations that pros currently have. Well I was wrong. Also a booking is an order that can be made by a store for a certain colour set for one of their stock off the shelf sets, they can only be ordered in groups and at certain times of the year if I am not mistaken in that part.
      Here are some colours I thought were well done. This set below cannot be order in this colourway, it has to be ordered all yellow or black. Also Markstrom's can't be ordered in his colour way either, at least there is an option for different stiffness in the pad.

And this was the set I was wanting to order.

Now here is the set I can actually order...

Thanks Bauer

Comment

• Well, looks like the customizer is missing a few colour options, but still missing the design I wanted. Bauer had a rep that was correcting the issue on GGSU.

Comment

• Losing the full customization stinks. At the same time it will help Bauer with the pad recognition. If you can only get these pads with that 'X' design, you'll know them when you see them.

Look how hard Vaughn works at trying to get their new gear out there even though you can make them look like the old stuff. Not to mention how many lines of stuff Vaughn has available now. Is that the 5500 catch with the Velocity logos?

Vaughn has done anything anyone asks it seems (other than different colored logos).

Bauer may believe their pad is so good on it's own that we'll take it as is. Cheaper for them in the end and may boost sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTH View Post
            Losing the full customization stinks. At the same time it will help Bauer with the pad recognition. If you can only get these pads with that 'X' design, you'll know them when you see them.

Look how hard Vaughn works at trying to get their new gear out there even though you can make them look like the old stuff. Not to mention how many lines of stuff Vaughn has available now. Is that the 5500 catch with the Velocity logos?

Vaughn has done anything anyone asks it seems (other than different colored logos).

Bauer may believe their pad is so good on it's own that we'll take it as is. Cheaper for them in the end and may boost sales.
            I totally understand them keeping the X design and doing what they did with the 1S. My issue is that they don't allow the colours to be inter changable and the pros are once again getting more colours than retail offerings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTH View Post
              Losing the full customization stinks. At the same time it will help Bauer with the pad recognition. If you can only get these pads with that 'X' design, you'll know them when you see them.

Brand recognition is good for business. Customers being satisfied and getting what they want is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by stackem33 View Post

Brand recognition is good for business. Customers being satisfied and getting what they want is better.
                Yeah totally. But look how hard it is to figure out which models Vaughn sells now. Badass of them - but with all the gear essentially looking the same (mostly white with minor color sections) - at what cost to a company is offering all these options?

Imagine Ford selling new F-150s with body options from the past 5 generations... or something similar.

Comment

• Is Lundqvist the only goalie left that still does windmill glove saves like that?

Comment

• Those orange Oilers uniforms were cute when worn once in a while, but when I see them every game nights, I find them just ugly!

Comment

• Fleury/Murray

Comment

• Seeing the Ducks this long just makes me loathe their uniforms that much more. I get it, they wanted orange for Orange County. Plus the old stuff was cartoon ish. But your team is based on a kids movie. Your colors were eggplant and jade. Black and orange is not you no matter how much they try.

Nashville is great with the yellow love. Series would be better if it were against these beauties..

Could be the Final this year too.

Comment

• hateclowns
                          hateclowns commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ugh. I don't need a reminder of how much more awesome their unis used to be.

The Ducks are like the Coyotes, but worse. Both teams traded very fun and unique jerseys for boring blahness. But the Ducks went one step further and changed their names.

Yes, I know the name and logo was due the Disney dissolution, but let's not bring facts into this. The Might Ducks' uniforms were so wonderful. So were the Coyotes'.

• estogoalie
                          estogoalie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm so amazed at how they got such ugly uniforms at the highest level of hockey on the planet. There's high-school teams that have better. And with the Vegas Golden Shower...er...Knights uniforms, it looks like the NHL STILL can't figure it out. WTF...?

• The funny thing about the "old" Ducks and Coyotes jersey designs are that they would not stand a chance of being chosen if they were introduced today. I love the eggplant/turquoise Ducks jerseys and the Coyotes 'Aztec' jerseys as much as the next person, but they were very much a product of their time. But hey, Father Time did his thing, and whether it's just 90's nostalgia or not, I think a lot of fans have come to the conclusion that they were better than the jerseys both clubs wear today. It's almost indisputable in the Ducks' case...

Comment

• hateclowns
                          hateclowns commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Jersey design now seems so homogenized. A lot of it is nostalgia, no doubt. But 90's hockey jerseys were fun because of the many jerseys that colored outside the lines.

This meant we got ugly 3rd jerseys, needless and worse changes (everything Buffalo did in between "classic" jerseys and returning to "classic" jerseys.

Some changes were good in a vacuum - the Mighty Ducks uniforms were awesome. The Coyotes were unique - awesome, but I get the complaints. But you KNEW it was a Coyotes jersey.

Some changes were good because of the time. I will forever love the Fishsticks Isles era. The original jerseys are gorgeous. But the change happened at a fun time in my youthful hockey fandom. So while they didn't age well, I love that look for the small time capsule they are. I also loved their bright *** orange star 3rd jerseys. The Isles are at their best with the classic look, or with garish designs. AKA get that black jersey nonsense out of here.

• I hate the fact that at a quick glace; I think the Ducks are the Flyers.

Ducks are dead anyway. Pens and Preds will be a golden shower of epic proportions.

Comment

• Idk I guess I am in the minority that I like the Ducks jerseys. The originals were awesome too but I don't think there is anything wrong with the current ones.

Comment

• Yeah, sometimes I think people get nostalgic and forget they didn't like something that they suddenly now think should be brought back. Personally I thought the coyotes originals looked like roller hockey jerseys. I didn't care for them. I prefer the brick and white jerseys with the simple coyote head the best.

Comment

Working...
                            X