Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice - Upgrading Equipment

Hey everybody,

I'm looking to upgrade my Reebok Revoke 7000 pads, catcher and blocker.

I was all set and ready to buy the CCM Extreme Flex 500 set, but Cyclone Taylor, The Hockey Shop and even CCM have no inventory left in my size (33").
    I was looking at GoalieMonkey, which has the pads listed at $849 USD, but that would make the price over $900 CAD before shipping. As much as I want them, I cannot afford to pay that much just for the leg pads.

My options now are either to find a comparable set at the same price point or to wait until April for the Extreme Flex 2 pads which will replace the 500s.

A rep at Cyclone Taylor suggested the Reebok Premier X28 pads, but I haven't been able to find any reviews about them.

My main concern is the leg pads, I would just get the matching catcher and blocker unless (obviously) there are better options at or around the same price.

Ideally, I would like to keep my total under $1200 CAD.

A little info about me and my game:

5'8" 150 pounds (grossly oversized, I know), very mobile butterfly goalie with a moderately-wide butterfly. Slides and T-pushes are my best friends and I have a deep stance. With the Revokes I have become accustomed to kicking my rebounds out as far as possible away from danger, but I am open to trying softer pads. My five-hole is my worst enemy.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks everybody, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Have you tried contacting Rod at The Goalie Crease. They also carry sr. Level pads and I'm sure he can help you. Another option is the Brian's 5.0 gnetik or Subzero 6.0. Lastly with it being the holidays Mark from Simmons does some kick *** sales on pro level gear, I'm sure he could do a package for you in your price range. I would suggest contact both of them and see what they could do for you.

Comment

Snowman has some good ideas. While reading your post, Simmons came to mind first. I'd suggest giving them a call at least to see what they can do for you. The 998 series might be a good way to go.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys.

I went out and bought the Vaughn V5 7800s on sale from $1649 to $699. Still need to get a catcher and blocker though (V5s were out of stock).

Comment

What colour pads did you get? I have a pair of pro Vaughn gloves I am trying to move for a cheap price compared to retail.

Comment

where did u find the v5s for that price?

Comment

Hills I got the White/Red/Black pads. I see that you're in Ontario, I'm out in Vancouver.

billyhoss I picked them up from the Hockey Shop, boxing day price.

Comment

if you're prone to liking the RBK gloves, look at goaliemonkey to see if they have more P4's kicking around.

Gnetik 5.0 series are also very good.

Comment

I'm all set! Found a V5 7800 glove and blocker.
                  Last edited by Canuck17; 12-26-2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billyhoss View Post
                    Yeah, what he said!

Comment

Originally posted by billyhoss View Post
                      Yeah, what he said!

Comment

They fell off the back of a truck.
                        Originally posted by bc30 View Post

Yeah, what he said!

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck17 View Post
                          Hills I got the White/Red/Black pads. I see that you're in Ontario, I'm out in Vancouver.

billyhoss I picked them up from the Hockey Shop, boxing day price.

Right there in Post #7

Comment

And unless you want the one pair of 36+1 that's left, it doesn't matter...

Comment

Working...
                          X