Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Choosing a Catcher (like T5500 and RBK P1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Choosing a Catcher (like T5500 and RBK P1)

Hey Guys,
    I am currently using a GNetik Pro, and even though it has the large double T pocket etc. I have a hard time catching with it. Now I need to figure out if it's the skills or break that are killing me as I have a hard time using my old school stance work with this catcher.

I loved and used the T5500 for years, and just came from the RBK P1, which was a great but it wore out.

I am looking at the Reactor 4000 coming out now. It seems to have that traditional break.

Any other suggestions would be helpful. I am kinda out of touch with the new CCM and RBK gloves.

You can still get the 5500. Any Vaughn dealer can order one.

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/vaughn-g...pro-82601.html
    Last edited by gort; 03-21-2014, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Simmons 997 is a 5500 clone

Comment

Really? In the Simmons forum I asked how the 586 catcher felt and it was compared to the 5500. I'll have to go back and check that thread.

Comment

• TheJohtaja
          TheJohtaja commented
          Editing a comment
          997 and 586 are supposed to be the same glove, but with the 586 having smaller/tighter internals.

Went to my local store and tried on a RBK XLT coming out soon (APRIL 11). Holy Moly guys. .........amazing feeling game ready. I might get the step below the Pro.

Comment

The T5500 can now be had in the Vaughn Vision or its latest iteration, the Ventus.

The Bauer Reactor is also a good glove. I think it's a perfect clone of the 5500 with some enhancements that I thought the Ventus should of always had.

You can also try the Warrior G2 with the 60 degree break.

Comment

Thanks Jonjata, that's good to know.

Comment

So I am thinking of going maybe back to Vaughn and using something like the T5500 from a couple years back or a Ventus. Here is a pic of the glove I love. Its still structurally intact, but the palm padding is not there anymore.

I am thinking this line of catcher stayed somewhat the same. I dunno just the way I hold my hand and catch, its always been my fav.

Comment

Originally posted by ukgoalie View Post
                Simmons 997 is a 5500 clone
                I have both 5500 circa 2002 and 997, different gloves, 997 is more of a pancake p2 style, similar back hand to
                5500 is 75 * angle 997 is 60* angle , at first everything with the 997 seems to hit the thumb, couldn't catch at all, its getting better with time

Comment

Originally posted by Dharmaboy View Post
                  So I am thinking of going maybe back to Vaughn and using something like the T5500 from a couple years back or a Ventus. Here is a pic of the glove I love. Its still structurally intact, but the palm padding is not there anymore.

I am thinking this line of catcher stayed somewhat the same. I dunno just the way I hold my hand and catch, its always been my fav.

I cant imagine the line changed that much over the years, i am a fan of the t5500

Comment

Originally posted by Dharmaboy View Post
                    So I am thinking of going maybe back to Vaughn and using something like the T5500 from a couple years back or a Ventus. Here is a pic of the glove I love. Its still structurally intact, but the palm padding is not there anymore. I am thinking this line of catcher stayed somewhat the same. I dunno just the way I hold my hand and catch, its always been my fav.
                    If that is the glove you still own, and liked using, you should look into getting it re-palmed at a sports repair store. I dunno what would be around where you are, but where I am (Ottawa) there is a sports repair store that can re-palm a glove in about 30 minutes and it makes the padding feel just like new while still keeping the break in the glove.

Comment

Ok that post just clinched it for me, I am definitely getting an old triple-T on my next 5500 glove.

Comment

Okay so here is my pick up. Got this at a local store on a great deal. 30% off. Only color missing was Red so I Sharpie'd it for now. Break felt very much like my glove above. couldnt pass up on this deal. So the LT90 is the closest to the Vision 9500 and the beloved T5500. Why Vaughn doesnt want to keep this as one of their stock setups still I have no idea. Custom ordering from Vaughn was stupidly pricey.

So I have a Brian's G Netik up for sale. Waiting on GSBB to fix my classified. So PM me if interested.

Comment

Question. I love the glove but it feels a bit big for my hand. Wondering if there was away to make this glove snugger?

Comment

Other than tightening the straps, try to wear a batting glove or golfing glove. It will help without causing slippage and any weird feelings in the hands.

Comment

Working...
                            X