X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I attach my dangler?

I just recieved my dangler in the mail today and have been looking at how to attatch it onto my mask. Here's a pic...is this ok?...

am i supposed to tie the front one to the middle bar of the cage like that or am i supposed to attatch it to the bottom of the cage?

am i supposed to loop the side ones in the earhole like that? or should i attatch it to the cage on the side?

thanks

You've got it. Here is a good pic of how it can be attached.

Comment

A steady hand, a needle, and some thread. Just think about Bobbit and you'll do fine. Try not to bleed out.

Comment

I dont know if you have thought about this already, but the only change I would make is to use round and thick nylon hiking boot laces (in black if you so choose) to double pass the cord through before knotting it.

I have had my dangler blasted off of my helmet before. It is good to have some strong string in there and not one pass with an old worn shoelace.

Hey, its your decision. This is just my 2 cents.

Comment

Use skate-lace for that old school look

Comment

Originally posted by alex
            What kind of mask is this. Looks like a Protechsport! Is it?

Comment

i bet you its a koho

Comment

It has a Koho logo on it in his other thread about strapping.

Comment

thanks for the great response for a noobie guys...

i changed the tying a bit so it now looks just like patricks...=)

i'll go get some stronger string when i can...i hadn't thought about that one yet...

It's a koho 570...i bought it off leebo...=)

my first time going in net tonight...=)..wish me luck...

Comment

I wear a KOHO 570 as well and mine is done up the same except for that I have the back ties running through the two black plastic clips that are on the inside of the shell that are underneath the ear?cheek padding. It works great and keeps the ties form being on the outside of the mask and exposed to being snagged by anything.

Comment

Keep the neck guard loose. I have the HM30 mask and used the supplied bolts to attach the GTP to it (way old school). I had it break off on a hard shot. Snapped the dangler.

Keep it loose but high enough to stay clear of your shoulders.

I had a problem with the knots loosening up on me - so I started to melt the string with a lighter to lock the knots.

Comment

Has anyone else tried those nylon zip ties? Or plastic maybe, I can't remember what they're made out of. You see them a lot with electronics, I think that's what they're meant for, to tie wires together. This explanation sucks, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you probably haven't used them. Anyway, if you do know what I'm talking about, I think they would be the best. If something ever caused them to break, you've got a lot more things to worry about than a dangling dangler. If you care what you look like, there's no knots to un-tie/re-tie. Just pull it a bit tighter so it hangs level. I think I posted this somewhere else, now that I think about it. And I don't think anyone knew what I was talking about then either.

For mine, I used the round boot laces that came with it, and tied it to the cage on all three corners. I wasn't at home, so I couldn't use the zip ties.

Comment

Some danglers come with these metal clips that you put on the bars of your mask and you thread the lace through those instead of your ear holes.

Comment

Killer-

I had used the zip ties. They break after a while. Kinda sucks when you're playing. Use them for a quick fix - but not a long term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt The Hammer
                              Killer-

I had used the zip ties. They break after a while. Kinda sucks when you're playing. Use them for a quick fix - but not a long term solution.

I would have thought they'd be pretty much bulletproof. You can't break the damn things if you want to.

Comment

Working...
                              X