X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangler installation

HELP!! I have searched the web, forums and such and have found no explanation on how to install a new Eagle throat dangler.

Any websites or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I am putting it onto a Itech 1200 goalie mask.

Re: Dangler installation

Originally posted by Waterdragon
    HELP!! I have searched the web, forums and such and have found no explanation on how to install a new Eagle throat dangler.

Any websites or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I am putting it onto a Itech 1200 goalie mask.
    just tie it on so it covers your neck, make it look balanced, and youre game ready

Comment

You may want to wear the dangler as your Mask and use the Itech widow maker 1200 as a dangler

Comment

I agree, but I am playing beginner roller hockey. I have taken a slapshot to the chest with no protector in intermediate as a player and didn't die. The helmet should work for that.

Comment

Go through pics of NHL Goalies wearing the dangler to get an idea. Some wear it low and others wear it rather high.

Rule of thumb is to keep it balanced: Loose cheek strings with a very tight chin string or vice-versa is a no-no.

Start with all strings the same length and adjust overall height of the dangler. From there you can do some very minor adjustments on tipping the D forward or towards the back.

The Eagle dangler is quite narrow if I remember well, I would not recommend loose strings on it. Your mask's chin could be caught over it when you turn your head.

Comment

I understand his question,

I have an itech 4600, different shape from the 1200, but on my mask (and probably on the 1200 too), there's no place where I can tie the side strings of a "normal" dangler.

The only way I can hang a dangler would be buying a itech N17 and tie the side strings to the bottom sides of the cage cage (see Andrew Raycroft).

Comment

Originally posted by chakal
              I understand his question,

I have an itech 4600, different shape from the 1200, but on my mask (and probably on the 1200 too), there's no place where I can tie the side strings of a "normal" dangler.

The only way I can hang a dangler would be buying a itech N17 and tie the side strings to the bottom sides of the cage cage (see Andrew Raycroft).
              i always have tied the dangler to the cage

Comment

http://www.promask.com/0405/sidor/tp10.asp?sprak=eng

This pretty much sums it up.

But everyone can do it in different ways. Depends on what you like and what works. Some use the cage, some use the ear holes.

The important thing is tyo make sure you've got the coverage in the throat area.
                Last edited by Oddzilla51; 08-10-2004, 10:32 AM.

Comment

look at the ear holes positionning of my mask

No way near to look like the promask holes.

Comment

Perhaps inside the mask or to the cage at the back then?

I am not much help as I can tie them to my combo's cage.

Comment

Originally posted by chakal
                      look at the ear holes positionning of my mask

No way near to look like the promask holes.
                      you could still easily hand a dangler from the lower ear hole though.danglers are very easy to put on masks.it just takes some ajusting to make it so that its even

Comment

what next???

........a thread asking exactly how to fasten velcro tennis shoes???

c'mon guys, it's not rocket science here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackTorrance
                          what next???

........a thread asking exactly how to fasten velcro tennis shoes???

c'mon guys, it's not rocket science here!!!
                          well, you put the velcro strap through the holes and fasten the side with the hooks to the side that grips the hooks

Comment

ROFL!! Not rocket science, but it is about neck protection.

Thank you to those who posted to help it is greatly appreciated. The eagle is very narrow on the sides, but thanks to some pictures I attached it to my cage.

It looks good and to test it our I had a friend shoot at my neck. I took three shots to the dangler and felt no pain. I guess it works.

Comment

Nash Dangler install

I just bought a new Eddy goalie mask and Nash dangler. The dangler came with one long piece of string rather than three pre-attached strings like my old Itech dangler, which has been broken. I don't know how to work this kind of set-up, help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X