X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS X-Lite Hasek Catcher

I've been looking for a new glove and I currently got my eye on the Hasek TPS X-Lite catcher. I've done numerous searches on this board for some information on the catcher, but I've only found negative points about it. Can anybody give me some positive feedback about this glove? I love how it fits and the shape of the catcher as well. It seems sturdy enough, but I haven't actually tested it out yet. Am I wrong or am I just being optimistic?

I also got my eye on the Itech Vamp 10.8 catcher and Sher-Wood Sherlite 10 catcher. Would I be better off buying those 2 or the TPS catcher?

Thanks,

i just got a X-Lite about 2 weeks ago and i love it. I used it the day after i bought it and it was already worked in. but it was the only good glove in the store so i couldnt compair with other gloves

Comment

Now the only HASEK specific Louisville goal pad products I am aware of are the pads produced around 2001/2002 that were aimed for recreation users only. They were black w/ white and grey graphics, and not suitable for serious ice hockey. They also had #39 on them. THEY DO NOT COMPARE TO VAMP 10.8!!! It is like a PVC hockey net vs. a real NHL net.

However, if you are referring to the Louisville X-Lite catcher that may be endorsed by Hasek, it is a top notch product. Once you get up to that level, it is all about personal preference, as they top-of-the-line for all major brands each have their own feel and characteristics, but protection is similar in all.

If it is as described in the 1st paragraph above, use it to catch tennis balls in the garage

Comment

lol, yes that's what I meant.

Which one would you prefer though? Itech 10.8 or TPS X-Lite?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillitude
          lol, yes that's what I meant.

Which one would you prefer though? Itech 10.8 or TPS X-Lite?
          It doesn't matter which one he'd prefer (unless you have identical hands and identical brains/senses)

What works for one, might not work for anyone else. What works for what seems like everyone, might not work for you.

To me, I liked the digital interior in the x-lite, but the glove felt stiff and I didn't particularly like the pocket. The Vamp was a very big roomy (feels kind of sloppy) glove.

But that's just how they are to me.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Racer96
            It doesn't matter which one he'd prefer (unless you have identical hands and identical brains/senses)

What works for one, might not work for anyone else. What works for what seems like everyone, might not work for you.

Mike

This qoute should be required reading for "Goaltender Gear Whore 101."

In essence, all of the major brands (CCM, Bauer, Itech, Sher-Wood, Brian's, Vaughn, Eagle, Brown, Louisville, Koho) and even the "tier 2 brands" not in the NHL (McKenney, Boddam, Sim--ns, Battram, Smith, Miller, Glenn Miller, Vortek, and many many more) all make what I would call "top end products," in addition to any other lines they may produce.

These are items intended to go up against A level hockey talent and provide the goalie with protection.

Almost ALL of these items are adequate for use and each have their own unique characteristics. It is purely an individual decision as to which one is best for you.

I bet anyone here that if you took all of the above pads, made them all white with no logos, tags, graphics or anything to distinguish them, and had 100 goalies test each one, pick their top 5, you would have an extremely wide distribution.

Example: There are many out there who will never use brand X just because. But they know it is brand X and they are biased, even if it is a superior product. But if you took that SAME item, and put the logo and name of brand Y on it, they would LOVE IT! I admit, I think Vaughn is great and am probably biased towards their products.

Okay, feel free to rip me apart now. I'm holding onto my chair for dear life.

Comment

Originally posted by sergei
              Okay, feel free to rip me apart now. I'm holding onto my chair for dear life.
              lol, I don't think I will. I'm probably going to end up getting the TPS catcher if you put it that way just because I like the feel and design of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillitude
                lol, I don't think I will. I'm probably going to end up getting the TPS catcher if you put it that way just because I like the feel and design of it.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to reem anyone. I just remember when I first got into gear I was always worried about what others thought of their gear. What I didn't realize was that it doesn't work that way.

The only exception is if you are looking at gear based on similar traits as other people, such as what catcher works best for stick handling, or big hands. Or what pads are best for hybrid, what c/a for tall skinny people, etc....

There are a lot of people on this BB who have to order gear via internet and cannot try it on. This BB can be a blessing or a curse, depending on how you use people's recommendations. You appear to be fortunate enough to have somewhere to try gear on.

I bought my first pro-level catcher based on comments at puckstoppers BB. If I hand the chance to put my hand in it and play with it a bit, I never would have picked it.

All I was saying is what Racer said: What works for you might not work for anyone else. The key word though is might in that if someone plays your same style, or is your same size it may be a great recommendation. However, a pure b-fly goalie recommending pads to a stand up goalie is not going to help.

Comment

That's true. Thanks. That actually helped a lot believe it not. You've taught me to think for myself...

FORGET ALL OF YOU IDIOTS, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME! MWUAHAHAHAH

thanks again. lol

Comment

I've tried on all three and out of them I would go with the x-lite, the sherwood has an awfully weird break on it and the 10.8 is really stiff. I hear though that once it is fully broken into it works wonders. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X