X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer 4000 Flo-fit goalie skates

Yeah, I'll have to agree with u on that!

what

Comment

Messed up

I was trying to ask if any uses or knows about the Bauer 4000 Flo-fit goalie skate.

What is Flo-fit? Are they heat moldable?

Comment

The 4000 was Bauer's top skate before the 5000's came out - I'm wearing them now - Flo fit is just a marketing name that mean's there is gel (not quite like Magellan) in the boot at the ankle for fit and comfort - These were out before the heat molding craze, so they weren't designed for heat, but consult a skate shop to see if they can be baked. If you can find them new at a good price then I would say get them - They are pre "Reactor" Bauers and as I said, Bauer's top skate when they were introduced.

Comment

Thanks BC,

The reason I was asking is because I have had these skates for a while and when I first started wearing them they were so uncomfortable. Not just that new skate uncomfortable but almost unbearable. I have had them for a while but only play ice once in a while. They are better but I started thinking that maybe they were supposed to be molded to your foot. The gel that you mention in my boot is so stiff.

You think taking a hair dryer too them might soften up the gel and make a better fit?

Comment

I wore them a year or so back. Those were some seriously comfy skates. I wish they still fit, because my current skates bite the big one.

Comment

Actually the 7000s are the top of the line skates now

Comment

Working...
              X