Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tron Mega Pro & Bauer 1400M Sr. Masks & Itech 7.8 X-Wing Pads

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tron Mega Pro & Bauer 1400M Sr. Masks & Itech 7.8 X-Wing Pads

    Has anyone worn the Tron gear?
    I'm looking at buying one or even 2 sets of these:
    TRON Mega Pro Goalie Package
    TRON Mega Pro Goalie Package Junior


    Also, does anyone know if the Bauer 1400M sr. marvel hero masks are more towards being a mid-level mask, or are they more like a RBK 3k or NME3?

    Also, anyone here use the Itech 7.8 X-wing pads? Do they fall apart fairly quickly? Or are they a quality pad? Are they more adjustable for someone growing with the knee that seems to be moveable.

    thx

  • #2
    You're gonna want to try a search of the reviews/equipment forum (before you get roasted by the regulars. )

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by HextallRanford View Post
      Has anyone worn the Tron gear?
      I'm looking at buying one or even 2 sets of these:
      TRON Mega Pro Goalie Package
      TRON Mega Pro Goalie Package Junior


      Also, does anyone know if the Bauer 1400M sr. marvel hero masks are more towards being a mid-level mask, or are they more like a RBK 3k or NME3?

      Also, anyone here use the Itech 7.8 X-wing pads? Do they fall apart fairly quickly? Or are they a quality pad? Are they more adjustable for someone growing with the knee that seems to be moveable.

      thx
      Ill go ahead and answer! 1400 is the bottom of the line plastic mask.
      Known as a widow maker here because those who wear them and play at a decent level can get hurt. I have a tron goalie bag and it's great. It's held up so far over 2+ months 3 days a week. I'm intrigued by their gear because of the low price. If they are anything like the bag I say give em a shot. As far as xwings, they are a solid mid level pad. But the knee only moves and inch or so in each direction. So they won't really grow. Hope this helps

      Comment


      • #4
        So... As a non 1400-owner, I have a Reebok 3k and am currently rebuilding a 9k.. Is the 3k still better than the Profile 1400?

        I mainly ask because one of my goalie buddies has the 1400 and if the 3k is better, I might try to help him out by selling him my 3k when my 9k refurbishing job is completed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HextallRanford View Post
          Has anyone worn the Tron gear?
          I'm looking at buying one or even 2 sets of these:
          TRON Mega Pro Goalie Package
          TRON Mega Pro Goalie Package Junior


          Also, does anyone know if the Bauer 1400M sr. marvel hero masks are more towards being a mid-level mask, or are they more like a RBK 3k or NME3?

          Also, anyone here use the Itech 7.8 X-wing pads? Do they fall apart fairly quickly? Or are they a quality pad? Are they more adjustable for someone growing with the knee that seems to be moveable.

          thx
          Originally posted by Daymond42 View Post
          So... As a non 1400-owner, I have a Reebok 3k and am currently rebuilding a 9k.. Is the 3k still better than the Profile 1400?

          I mainly ask because one of my goalie buddies has the 1400 and if the 3k is better, I might try to help him out by selling him my 3k when my 9k refurbishing job is completed.
          Basically all plastic masks are the same. If you're strapped for cash you can find nme7s used for cheap. At least that fiberglass w Kevlar reinforcements

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bgismo20 View Post
            Basically all plastic masks are the same. If you're strapped for cash you can find nme7s used for cheap. At least that fiberglass w Kevlar reinforcements
            Well.. at least I'm liking my situation, then. :>

            Acquired a Reebok 9k for $20. It was in kinda rough shape, but I'm fixing it up, giving it a new lease on life. Basically replacing everything except the foam, and fixing up some issues on the shell.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Rico.
              I guess I'll go through pages and pages of reviews whenever I get time.

              I wear an SK2000 with mask, to match my retro style gear, but my daughter suddenly wants to play hockey this coming season, so I'm trying to find her a half decent mask for a good price.

              The reason I asked this question about the Bauer 1400M sr. is that it is listed at $99 at GoalieMonkey right now.

              I wore a RBK mask for the last 4 years, not even knowing it was a 3K, I never bothered to research when I started playing net again. I got a concussion though from it in Feburary, so I've sold it and am sticking to a helmet, cause it seems safer to me, and I had no problems with a helmet throughout minor hockey, playing goal.

              I don't recommend the RBK 3K to anyone. The shot that messed me up was a weaker wrist shot from the slot off a rebound, while I was sprawled out on the ice. I took slapshots to the head no problem, yet this wristshot dinged me bad, so I wouldn't want my kid wearing a 3k or any Bauer mask of equivalent quality.

              I guess I'll look at NME7's or maybe put her in an SK2000 like I wore 20 years ago with a legal mask.

              Thanks for the advice from everyone who comments, even Rico the young pup.

              Comment

              Working...
              X